Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
warshauer
warshauer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Washington Post Recipe problem

The Sports section of the Washington Post seems to contain the same list of high school sports stories from the same day, even as the rest of the Washington Post recipe seems to work fine and the news, business, etc. is up to date for that day. Can anyone who knows more than me help? Thanks!
warshauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by warshauer View Post
The Sports section of the Washington Post seems to contain the same list of high school sports stories from the same day, even as the rest of the Washington Post recipe seems to work fine and the news, business, etc. is up to date for that day. Can anyone who knows more than me help? Thanks!
I don't understand the problem. "[T]he same list of high school sports stories from the same day" sounds like a list of current sports stories. Do you want something else?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
warshauer

Clarification

Sorry if I wasn't clear re the problem. Although the Washington Post recipe updates all the other sections every day, the sports section is always the same, from some old day, and is always only high school sports. It would be great if the recipe could be fixed so that the sports section features each day's sports stories. Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by warshauer View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear re the problem. Although the Washington Post recipe updates all the other sections every day, the sports section is always the same, from some old day, and is always only high school sports. It would be great if the recipe could be fixed so that the sports section features each day's sports stories. Thanks!!
Does the WP have updated sports every day and the recipe doesn't (recipe error) or does the WP always have the same old sports every day and the recipe picks that up (WP's problem and nothing the recipe can do)?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
warshauer

Final clarification on Washington Post Problem

Thanks for your questions. I have looked again at the problem and realize that I have mis-stated it above. Each section of the Washington Post does have new content every day and that content does update, including in Sports section. The problem is that the sports section ONLY includes local, high school sports and does NOT include national and professional sports coverage (i.e. does NOT include the main sports headlines). I don't know who updates or can update recipes (I am a newbie and non-technical, but I do donate!!), but if that recipe could be tweaked to include the top sports stories, that would greatly improve it.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
well if you can post the URLs of the sports RSS feeds you would like to see, it's easy to update the recipe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
warshauer

Smile Washington post recipe

Kovid

First of all, thank you for Calibre! I subscribe to the print editions of 3 newspapers and many magazines, but I travel internationally a lot and it is GREAT to be able to get those on my kindle when I'm overseas. I have donated to show my appreciation.

I'm not sure if the link below is the one you are asking for. It will provide NFL sports, which will be better than the high school sports currently in the recipe.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn.../nfl/index.xml

I could not find one that covered all sports, which would be better.

Many people read the washington post sports for Redskins coverage and its RSS is

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...kins/index.xml

Hope this info is what you need. Thanks again!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I've replaced the existing sports feed with those two.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
warshauer

Thumbs up Thanks! Works Great!

Kovid

Many thanks for your fix to the Washington Post recipe. I'm just back from Northern Tanzania and it was lovely to read about the NFL and the Redskins on my Kindle there. Just the reasons I bought a Kindle and contribute to Calibre! I've made another contribution today as a token of my thanks and support.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome and thanks for the donations