Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
Fionat29
Fionat29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 7th gen.
Sharing books with my mum using Calibre

Hi there, My mum and I have both recently got Kindle paperwhites and while I am able to convert epub books to mobi and email them to my Kindle, when I try to send them to my mum's, they just seem to get lost in the ether. I don't get a fail message, Calibre says it's doing the job but mum isn't seeing them turn up and when I look at her Amazon account I can see they aren't there at all. I've double checked the email address, I know the Kindle addresses are a bit weird but the one I'm using is correct. Any help would be much appreciated, we're going on holiday soon and mum needs some new books.
Fionat29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
In your mother's Amazon account, go to:
Your Content and Devices > Settings > Personal Document Settings >
Approved Personal Document E-mail List

Ensure that the email address that you are using to mail documents is added to the above list.
(The from address)

If that is not the issue, you can always plug the paperwhite into your computer and copy the books to the documents folder on the kindle. Or use Calibre's send to device...

Last edited by JimmyR; 08-09-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Add more info...
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
Fionat29
Fionat29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 7th gen.
Thanks Jimmy, I'll do that right now.
Fionat29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
It should work IF you sort out the per approved emails thing, and use the correct Kindle email for her device and use mobi, not azw. I do it for my daughter's Kindle ,as she is far away in another city, but it took some trial and error to get it to work. Also the books that you send will arrive as documents, not books ,so look within documents on the receiving kindle
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote