Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
Jon2555
Jon2555 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Thumbs up [SOLVED]Onyx Boox Note bootloop problem

Update - Booxtor helped me solve the problem and he also told me right steps how to access recovery:

Quote:
1. connect to PC via USB
2. Press the button below the screen (exit button) and keep it pressed. Press the power button and hold for approx. 10 seconds (to reset and reboot the Note). The LED should go off and light up again. Then release the power button and continue holding the exit button (under the screen) for 3-4 seconds . By releasing the button, you should be able to see that the device was launched in the recovery mode.
From there you can manually update firmware or factory reset your device. If you have some bigger problem I suggest you to contact Booxtor right away because I didn't have luck with other supports.

Below is the original problem if someone ends up in the same situation.

Spoiler:
Help needed here guys,

I successfully rooted my Note device with KingRoot(several posts already points it out) and when tried to install Xposed Framework manually I ended up in a bootloop...I foolishly forgot to turn usb debugging on and now I can only access recovery mode.
Quote:
I wasted several hours finding right button combination because everything I saw on Internet wasn't working. So here is brief procedure what I did if anyone has the same problem: while booting with usb cable INSERTED, I was HOLDING power OR back button(press and hold back button after 'ONYX' splash screen because if you hold it before inserting usb cable you will end up in download mode) until purple light appeared(led indicator next to power button) when I RELEASED power OR back button VERY QUICKLY and entered recovery. I don't know if it's intended that way but acting on purple light is matter of blink of an eye. It gave me a ton of trouble until I found out that was the trick.
Then, I tried to sideload only two official firmwares that I found
(Chinese: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74#post3700174 and
Russian: https://onyx-boox.ru/support/boox_note)
but I got wrong signature error.

After that, I contacted three supports I could find(ereader.store, where I had bought my Note, onyx-boox.com and boox.com) but only Russian guy from boox.com replied. He said that I will be contacted soon from sales office about restoring my device. Thee days passed and I'm still waiting for response.

So I decided to ask for help here. Does anyone knows where can I find right official firmware? And why only Note doesn't have english fimware version available for download? Is that connected with delivery problems?

Anyways, I will be glad if anyone helps me.

Last edited by Jon2555; 06-18-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Jon2555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,

I saw your message to our support. I just could not reply immediately, since I had to figure out solution first.
here you can download latest update file (upx) for Note
http://ereader.store/DATA/Note/update.upx

If installation of the update from recovery menu does not work don't worry, I am preparing a recovery package for you. Sorry I could not reply earlier - too many inquiries to process at the moment.
Your recovery package should be ready tomorrow.

Just a question. I recovery mode did you try to reset to the factory settings?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
Jon2555

Thank you for reply.

And sorry for being impatient, I would wait if I only had recived any kind of response.

Tried to flash but again, I got wrong signature error. That's the case for every version I found(there are four of them). But I have problem entering recovery.

Generaly speaking, It's behaving very strangly. One time I enter recovery with no hassle at all but another time it seems impossible doing so despite trying every possible button/usb/splash image combination. I noticed that lenght of time when purple light is on greatly varies and that it shows up only if usb cable is inserted. Could you tell me the right procedure?

I did erase data/cache in the end but it didn't help because I made changes in system partition.

EDIT: I've got reply from sales office with link to the newest rom version but it turned out(entered recovey at last) that's also not correct firmware version, neither it is the one you sent me(wrong signature error in both cases).

Last edited by Jon2555; 06-15-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
Jon2555

Problem solved thanks to Booxtor. Updating OP.

Last edited by Jon2555; 06-18-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
gijkstra
gijkstra began at the beginning.

Device: boox note
May I know how did you resolve the signature problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2555 View Post
gijkstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #6
gijkstra
gijkstra began at the beginning.

Device: boox note
Hi Booxtor, I have the same problem as Jon. Could you please tell me how did you help him to solve the problem?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I saw your message to our support. I just could not reply immediately, since I had to figure out solution first.

If installation of the update from recovery menu does not work don't worry, I am preparing a recovery package for you. Sorry I could not reply earlier - too many inquiries to process at the moment.

gijkstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #7
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Hello Booxtor,

I've noticed your upx is about 387 mb and the one dowloaded from Onyx International is about 567 mb (v.1.9). If your file is the last update, why have they different dimension?

Last edited by cicabum; 07-20-2018 at 05:46 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #8
Jon2555

Cicabum, it is v1.8.3. of firmware which was the latest version at the time.

Last edited by Jon2555; 07-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #9
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Cicabum, it is v1.8.3. of firmware which was the latest version at the time.
Are your sure? About 2 weeks ago I've installed the version 1.9 by OTA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_07_24_13.53.58_1.png
Views:	681
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	165182  
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
Jon2555

I think you misunderstood me-the firmware from the link Booxtor posted is v1.8.3. He also said somewhere else that he will update modified version of newest firmvare(1.9.0) on ereader.store server but as I know we're still wating for it.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 AM   #11
minhluan1590
minhluan1590 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 10.3
My Onyx Boox 10.3 has boot loop either

Quote:
Hi, can you also share this firmware to me? I have the same boot loop, and cannot sideload the firmware file due to the signature problem. Thank you very much.
minhluan1590 is offline   Reply With Quote