Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-27-2024, 09:17 AM   #5986
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I stressed shopped last weekend and bought 6 paperbacks and a few ebooks.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:14 PM   #5987
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Ever since Prolific finally unblocked my ISP (they have a stupid whitelist policy which locked me out for several years), I've had a bit more spare income for entertainment purposes.

Unfortunately, this means that the impulse purchases are a bit more - from January-March 2023, I bought 11 books. In January-March 2024, I bought 25.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-22-2024 at 04:20 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:32 PM   #5988
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Ever since Prolific finally unblocked my ISP (they have a stupid whitelist policy which locked me out for several years), I've had a bit more spare income for entertainment purposes.

Unfortunately, this means that the impulse purchases are a bit more - from January-March 2023, I bought 11 books. In January-March 2024, I bought 25.
How much does Prolific pay and roughly how long is each study and how many studys do you need to do to get paid?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:40 PM   #5989
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How much does Prolific pay and roughly how long is each study and how many studys do you need to do to get paid?
The surveys vary in reward and length. You're guaranteed a minimum of 6 GDP per hour. Here's my last batch of studies.

Of course, you do get the occasional researcher trying to skirt past the requirement by putting too low an estimated time. The one returned survey was where they expected me to write a damn essay for 0.10, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-22 17_34_22-Prolific - Vivaldi.png
Views:	78
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	207057  
Old 04-22-2024, 10:46 PM   #5990
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Oops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-22 23_38_27-Window.png
Views:	47
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	207779

Between some very good survey payouts, the quarterly GST credit, and a sudden decrease in cat food consumption () I... may have splurged a bit more than usual.

This also includes the yearly Kobo VIP freebie and another book redeemed with points. I logged those as 0.00 as I didn't pay anything.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-22-2024 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:40 AM   #5991
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The last eBook I bought earlier this month, I took a trip to Kobo in India to buy. the book is Hard Time by Jodi Taylor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:05 AM   #5992
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Oops.

Attachment 207779

Between some very good survey payouts, the quarterly GST credit, and a sudden decrease in cat food consumption () I... may have splurged a bit more than usual.
An image like that is just a tease. I'm especially curious about the $20 nonfiction title!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:38 AM   #5993
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
An image like that is just a tease. I'm especially curious about the $20 nonfiction title!
A doorstopper about Canadian rock. It was eligible for the 10% VIP discount.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 AM   #5994
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
A doorstopper about Canadian rock. It was eligible for the 10% VIP discount.
Thanks! And the value's there, obviously.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:26 AM   #5995
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
I was doing pretty well this month until a couple days ago. Then a book on my wishlist went on sale, and after that it was like eating peanuts!
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote