Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #1
AMSMITH41
AMSMITH41 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Calibre edit issue

I've been using Calibre for several years, but recently something has changed with the "edit" process. In the past, I would simply view my epub in Calibre, and if I found typos or needed to add punctuation, I simply clicked on the Edit Book icon on the top tool bar, and it opened the page I was on in HTML for editing. Easy peasy.

Now, when I do the same thing as always, I'm getting a different screen with instructions at the top to "Double click a file in the left panel to start editing it."

Only there is no left panel showing --?

See attachment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCREEN PRINT NO LEFT COLUMN.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	171423
AMSMITH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Click on the View menu. In there I have the boxes selected for Check book, File browser, and Inspector. In the Toolbars submenu for View I have all 3 checked. It sounds like for you somehow some boxes got unchecked.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #3
AMSMITH41

I don't see boxes to check

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Click on the View menu. In there I have the boxes selected for Check book, File browser, and Inspector. In the Toolbars submenu for View I have all 3 checked. It sounds like for you somehow some boxes got unchecked.
Thanks for responding. Okay so I went to the Toolbar--->View--->Sub-menu but here is what I saw in sub-menu. (attached).

So I'm not seeing any boxes to check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tool bar menu.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	171424   Click image for larger version

Name:	VIEW SUB-MENU.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	171425  
Old 05-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, do the View menu in the calibre book editor. That's what your first screen shot is of. Your second screen shot is the main calibre library window.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSMITH41 View Post
Thanks for responding. Okay so I went to the Toolbar--->View--->Sub-menu but here is what I saw in sub-menu. (attached).

So I'm not seeing any boxes to check.
Wrong View menu. Lumpynose was referring to the View menu on the menu bar in the Editor itself and not the View icon in the main calibre app. Launch the Editor by you usual method for editing a book and when check the View menu there.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
AMSMITH41

THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
No, do the View menu in the calibre book editor. That's what your first screen shot is of. Your second screen shot is the main calibre library window.
Fixed it! Thank you!
Old 05-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSMITH41 View Post
Fixed it! Thank you!
I knew you could do it.