Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Happyfist
Happyfist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Converting to MOBI in GrabmyBooks for Kindle

Hi. I am using GrabMyBooks for Firefox. It is a handy extension but I can't get it to convert to mobi for my Kindle 3. I know you need Calibre, it is installed on my computer, but I can't configure it properly while running Ubuntu. So, how do I configure GrabMyBooks to convert to mobi while in Ubuntu? Thanks for any help you can give.
Happyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
Glads1st
Glads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
You can set mobi as your default format in the Options section of the menu.
I missed that you are using Linux. I don't know if there is a difference in the menu structure.

Last edited by Glads1st; 01-04-2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: clarity
Glads1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
dansci
dansci began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I also have problem with GrabMyBook configuration on Fedora 20 distribution. It doesn't convert to *.mobi. I use Calibre ebook converter path: /home/daniel/calibre/bin/ebook-convert. This converter works in Linux terminal, but when I use Grab My Book option I get "Error during file creation". I also tried firefox with root priviledges but the same error appears.

PS.
GMB simply works under my Windows system.
dansci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Happyfist
Happyfist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Upate

I downloaded the Readability extension for Chrome. It can grab 20 articles and send them to the Kindle daily while using the proper file format. It is a quicker process than using GrabMYBooks and converting with Calibre, then sending it to the Kindle (on Linux at least).
Happyfist is offline   Reply With Quote