Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Overdrive - Search for Pre-Release

Does anyone know if it is possible to search an Overdrive library for pre-release selections?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to search an Overdrive library for pre-release selections?
I asked a similar question here post#860. I was able to locate a a pre-release book after upgrading to the 1.7.1 release of the overdrive plugin, whether that was the reason I do not know; though have to have an empty book in the calibre library.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 11-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks that helped a little, did you ever figure out how to do it? It would be nice to figure this out because for some pre-releases by the time I find them there are over 50 people already on hold for them.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The search in Overdrive is quite possible the worst search engine/algorithm I've ever seen.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks that helped a little, did you ever figure out how to do it? It would be nice to figure this out because for some pre-releases by the time I find them there are over 50 people already on hold for them.
I have asked through their Facebook page.
Quote:
Users can search our catalog at search.overdrive.com but prereleases won't be on there until their release date. You can only see the ones your library does purchase and that would be done on their digital library site.
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Ok thanks, this is disappointing but what can you do.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Exclamation

Quote:
Ok thanks, this is disappointing but what can you do.
Update: After emailing and clarifying what I wanted to do;
Quote:
Me: In case I have not been clear, I am attempting to locate pre-release books in the library prior to their release date when I do not know the title. For example by chance I just located Tom Clancy’s Command Authority when laboriously searching the newly added ebooks.
Received this response;
Quote:
Overdrive: Unfortunately a search like the one you are trying to do to find a list of all pre-release titles is not available. It is possible this search may become available in a future release. We apologize for any inconvenience.
SOL for now...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know someone(s) will slap me for this but if there were one thing I'd wish for with the overdrive search it would be the ability to ELIMINATE romances from the search.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I know someone(s) will slap me for this but if there were one thing I'd wish for with the overdrive search it would be the ability to ELIMINATE romances from the search.
Hear, hear ...bravo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I won't slap anyone. I can search for pre release ROMANCES, simply by searching by release date. Then they sit in my holds until the release date.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
kennyc

Thank you for not slapping me.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I won't slap anyone. I can search for pre release ROMANCES, simply by searching by release date. Then they sit in my holds until the release date.
Thanks Sydney's Mom, this isn't 100% but it brings me closer to what I am looking for.