Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Slowdive
Slowdive began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story
mp3 playback...is mine broken or am I dense

I picked up an Iriver story today, not the hd the old one for a bargain price. So far I am actually pretty happy, I have plenty of laptops, pcs and tablets. So all I wanted was an ink/e-reader and this works well enough for my needs.

Anyway if some one who knows the device well or is still using theres happen to see this. Mp3 playback, I click menu I go to music I select a file in this case the iriver (mp3 that comes standard on the device). I click play, in theory I should be hearing music?

I would usually assume the speaker is broken or something but the device itself makes no sign it is actually trying to play the file at all. This in turn makes me wonder if I am just doing something ridiculously wrong?
Thanks to any one who finds time to comment.
Slowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does it have a speaker?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Slowdive

It appears to have one in the back, the documentation is not great so I am unsure if I need to connect an external one. From what little documentation there is it would seem its meant to just play. However you have given me something to test.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I did a search for specs and none list a speaker but mention the 3.5 jack for music support.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Slowdive

The manual seems to imply I can use both, but I did put in some headphones. The strange thing about it, it does not begin to play, no progress bar for the song is displayed, literally clicking play nothing happens.

My next port of call is to try from a SD card and see if anything changes. Its not really the end of the world, for an old piece of hardware its a very pleasant thing to read on. With or without music it will see me through till I decide to buy a new kindle.
Just struck me as odd and left me head scratching, maybe some one who still owns one will breeze by.
Thanks for the reply though!
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
8andout
8andout doesn't litter8andout doesn't litter

Device: iriver story HD; Boyue T62+
It definitely has a speaker, as well as headphone support. I own one, but loaned it to a friend (as I upgraded to the HD model), so I can't check the exact process just now...

Here's a video... it should be as simple as this to get an mp3 to play.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAul_...ailpage#t=160s

Make sure your volume isn't set all the way down. Also, that the mp3 is in the proper folder, music or whatever. Not sure if that's important, but it could be because I recall that things like bookmarks and so on didn't work properly for books if they weren't in the 'book' folder.

Try loading on new tracks in case your test one has become corrupted somehow.

That's all I can think of. Good luck!

Last edited by 8andout; 05-21-2013 at 05:31 PM.
8andout is offline   Reply With Quote