Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Is there a way to change the margin on all epubs?

Hi,

I really like my iriver story HD for reading - because the words are so much more crisp than with 800x600.

One thing that does cause a problem is that some epubs have the left and right margins set too large. When I enlarge the font - to save my eyes - the margins becomes huge.

Is there a way to globally change the margins so it will ignore the margins specified in the ebook. I noticed that mobi on Kindle can set hte margins, and I think CR also can use its own margin with epubs.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Story HD does not have any settings for margins.

However with my UserStyle mod you can force additional CSS to be loaded. So you might be able to influence borders with that, since borders are just CSS properties also. However, depending on how the book itself specifies borders, you may not be able to override it with the userstyle.css

The problem is that borders can be specified either as border or margin or padding, for either html or body or even p tags. And these properties can even be negative. So it might not be easy to find a solution.

The more reliable method is using Calibre or Sigil to edit the books border definitions directly, but that works only with DRM free books.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert