Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-06-2022, 02:47 PM   #1
abed.ahmadei70
abed.ahmadei70 began at the beginning.

Device: none
drm can't decrypt?

Hi
From a month onwards, I couldn't remove DRM from eBooks that I get from EBL (eBook Central ProQuest). Before that time, I could remove Drm from those eBooks via the Calibre App (3.48 edition).
The app is saying that it fail*to remove Drm.
I think EBL has Updated drm server.
Could you help me with this matter? *
How can I overcome this problem?
Thank you very much
abed.ahmadei70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:29 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bump - found this in Development awaiting moderation.

I'm not up-to-date on DRM - actually I never was.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 01:21 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
While I feel some sympathy for the OP, as far as I know, EBL is a library and help with removing DRM from library books was not supported by the Apprentices. A stance I fully agree with.

That aside, some more information might help someone who is willing to try to help with the issue. Version of calibre and DRM removal plugin, OS, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
While I feel some sympathy for the OP, as far as I know, EBL is a library and help with removing DRM from library books was not supported by the Apprentices. A stance I fully agree with.
I agree with you on that but not everyone else does. The new maintainer of the DRM removal tools, NoDRM, is less strict and they have removed some restrictions on the software related to library DRM.

They have also added the capability to remove personally identifiable information from ebooks, another thing that makes me uncomfortable since it could encourage indiscriminate sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That aside, some more information might help someone who is willing to try to help with the issue. Version of calibre and DRM removal plugin, OS, etc.
The problem is caused by a switch to Adobe's hardened DRM by the vendor. The issue has already been raised in NoDRM's GitHub repository. That is a far better place for that discussion than here on MobileRead. (See hardened DRM #20.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm converter, ebl, ebook