Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
jerry7171
jerry7171 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Option to add 'Greek' is missing?

Today I added a paper written in Greek to my Calibre library. In the GUI, down in the Languages box, I tried to add 'Greek' as the default language of the paper. Instead I get an error message stating "The language Greek is not recognized."

I went to look for the the language in ISO 639 at the Library of Congress site to make sure I was using the correct syntax, but Greek is listed as "Greek, Modern (1453-)."

Previously this was the option listed but I can't find it now? Is this a bug? The only thing that shows up now is "Greek Sign Language."

I'm using Calibre, version 4.11.2

Please see the attached screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 07.41.39 (2).png
Views:	94
Size:	838.2 KB
ID:	177364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 07.41.48 (2).png
Views:	88
Size:	852.3 KB
ID:	177365  
jerry7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its modern greek type modern and you should see it in the drop down list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And this should take care of using the inverted name form in the GUI fo rthe next release: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a900f203a0886d
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote