Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
darkpollo
darkpollo began at the beginning.

Device: psr505
Sent recipes to ereader automatic

Hello,

I have read a lot in the forum and around the diferent manuals and FAQ and i diid not find a simple question.

I am trying to setup a RSS to read in the ereader sony 505 and to update each tiem i connect the ereader to the computer.

I have managed to create all the diferent recipes and i setup to update them for example each day. Easy, also i can read them in the sony reader perfectly.

But... after a few days withour sync the ereader, calibre still generate a new rss each day, so in a week i have 7 diferent copies of the rss ebook and when i connect the reader, all of them are copied to the reader, without deleted the oldest version. In 15 days, the ereader is full and sync no longer works.

Did a miss something (i am pretty sure i did)?

Is it possible to sync the latest updated rss into the ereader deleting the oldest stuff. As news, i only want to keep the latest info.

Thank you.
darkpollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
At the bottom of the fetch news dialog is an optionto delete news older than x days. Use it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
darkpollo
darkpollo began at the beginning.

Device: psr505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
At the bottom of the fetch news dialog is an optionto delete news older than x days. Use it.
I am using it, but it seems not to work.

Today, i setup a new recipe and schedule to update each day at 3:00 am and after 8 hours i have 10 books downloaded and copied to the reader.

I will try to show you a screenshot and provide more details this afternoon as this look like that something is not working properly.

Thanks.
darkpollo is offline   Reply With Quote