Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
Krittika, love the new england journal recipe. Thank you very much. Do you know if it's possible to include the figures, photos, etc...?
Kovid fixed it. the recipe with the full sized pictures will be available in the next release.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
jayman
Enthusiast
jayman began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
Kovid fixed it. the recipe with the full sized pictures will be available in the next release.
That is great. It's going to make a lot of us very happy. Thanks.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
humblecry
humblecry began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
wow!

Hello never knew this type of program existed and never imagined that fetching scholastic articles are possible too. I'm all new with this rss or recipe things, but being able to read academic journals is so exciting! How do I check if the recipe is added to the program, btw?

Oh, if NEJM is possible, is there a way of fetching other scholastic journals such as pediatrics or american journal of public health?

THank you so very much! this program is a treasure!

Last edited by humblecry; 01-15-2010 at 12:32 AM.
humblecry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #19
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblecry View Post
Hello never knew this type of program existed and never imagined that fetching scholastic articles are possible too. I'm all new with this rss or recipe things, but being able to read academic journals is so exciting! How do I check if the recipe is added to the program, btw?

Oh, if NEJM is possible, is there a way of fetching other scholastic journals such as pediatrics or american journal of public health?

You medicine guys are lucky I cant wait for the day we can do this to this with physics papers. The equations are still a problem.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #20
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:

justclick on fetch news in the main calibre window. A window opens up with a list of newspapers and magazines sorted by language. just lput the title of the journal you are looking for in the search bar. if it has been included it should show up in a couple of seconds.
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #21
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:

Sure it is possible. If it is subscription based as it is likely to be in case of journals just pm me your account details and I will try to make a recipe for it.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #22
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Journal of american society of nephrology

For those of you who are interested the JASN recipe will be included in the next release of calibre which will be in about a week.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
jonmanheim
jonmanheim began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300
Journal of Hospital Medicine

Quote:
Sure it is possible. If it is subscription based as it is likely to be in case of journals just pm me your account details and I will try to make a recipe for it.
Hi Krittika - This is the best! Thanks for doing the New England Journal for us. I am trying to get Journal of Hospital Medicine. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...111081937/home
I've pm'ed you my info.

Thanks

Jon

Last edited by jonmanheim; 02-24-2010 at 01:57 PM.
jonmanheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #24
Sweepstrue
Awaiting
Sweepstrue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Login needed for national access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You probably need to log in using your account details
In Norway we have a national subscription arrangement with NEJM. All Norwegian IP addresses can read the full text without further login. But I'm still stopped by a request for username and password when trying to download NEJM news through Calibre. So I can access NEJM fine, but can't subscribe to news from it...
Is the login request something that's added to Calibre because the journal usually demands a password login? Or does the journal somehow believe I'm no longer in Norway because I try to download through Calibre? What about institutional access for downloading news where we don't have a username and password (typical hospitals)?
I'm still new at this and it's not easy territory to navigate! But very, very useful if I can get it to work
Sweepstrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre recipe assumes you need a username and password. You can create a custom recipe that obviates this requirement. Just modify the builting recipe by remove the

Code:
def get_browser
section.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

@jonmanheim: JOHM will be included in the next release
Old 07-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
jonmanheim
jonmanheim began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300
Journal of Hospital MEdicine

Quote:
@jonmanheim: JOHM will be included in the next release
Hi Krittika - I never responded to this but I have not been able to get this on my reader. The recipe downloads only headings and titles but no content. Do you know what the problem might be?
Thank you for all your help.

Jon
jonmanheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #28
dunedragn
dunedragn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
NEJM

Hello,
I have Calibre 0.7.42 and have fetched the New England Journal of Medicine, but I still cannot see the figures/tables. Is there a specific way to get to them other than to try to click on them? Are they stored differently?

I'm using a Sony Reader PRS650 and have Calibre exporting as epub.

Thanks!

Calibre is awesome BTW

dunedragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC, the NEJM website display images/tables in Flash, which means they cannot be displayed in an ebook
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
rekloram
rekloram began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle 3
I notice that new recipes are added to new releases of calibre. For people like me, stuck with an older computer (mine is a pre-Intel imac-G5 processor), I am grateful that older versions of calibre are still available, but this inevitably means that we miss out on new recipes. Is there a separate repository of calibre recipes that users of my version 0.7.28 can access? Thanks very much.
rekloram is offline   Reply With Quote