Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 03:24 AM   #42061
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Reading reviews of Sorel Slide II slippers. I've never had any problems with cold feet in winter. Until this year. And it hasn't even been that cold. When I got my sister's Christmas present at the outdoor sports store I saw they also sell warm Sorel slippers.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if they go on sale. One online store already has them on sale, but they don't have the colour I want.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #42062
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Looking at this.

It's Shanghai, China, in multi-gigapixel panoramic rendering.

I am so sick of "awesome" as a descriptor, but I can't think of a better one. I'm getting vertigo just looking at some of those buildings.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #42063
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Looking at this.

I am so sick of "awesome" as a descriptor, but I can't think of a better one. I'm getting vertigo just looking at some of those buildings.
______
Dennis
Thanks! My daughter studied at Shanghai Jiao Tong University for a semester and stayed for the summer to participate in a research internship a few years ago. I'm passing that link on to her.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #42064
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Looking at this.

______
Dennis
Can we all agree on awe-inspiring, then, rather than aweSOME? That's boggling. Thanks for sharing.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #42065
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Some clown took out a telephone pole and knocked the power out in my neighborhood. Oh what fun
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #42066
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Can we all agree on awe-inspiring, then, rather than aweSOME? That's boggling. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome, and I'll accept awe-inspiring as an adjective.

Even more impressive if you pan around and zoom in is the level of construction activity. A lot more large buildings are being built. The Chinese are pioneering a lot of modular construction techniques, and I recall posts about a 30 story building being erected in about two weeks. The individual modules that comprised it were built elsewhere, then moved to the site and lifted into place like Lego blocks, with plumbing, heating, and electrical conduits mating with those below.

There's a lot of current construction in NYC, but I suspect it's a fraction of what is taking place in Shanghai.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #42067
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just spend almost €350 on watercolor supplies . I got three sets of professional liquid watercolors (Dr Ph Martin's), four professional brushes (synthetic, since I don't want to sponsor the fur industry) and some loose pans of good metal watercolors with a box.

Hopefully they'll arrive soon so I can play with them on Monday and Tuesday.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #42068
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Reading some of Mirza Ghalib's ghazals while listening to them being sung, and wondering if I can find the TV series biopic online somewhere.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #42069
OttawaMark
OttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Tab e 9.6
Trying to remember my Private Mode PIN number for my galaxy E

Last edited by OttawaMark; 12-30-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling
OttawaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #42070
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Waiting for the football games to start.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #42071
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My sister and I have just seen Aquaman, which was fun. Now we're waiting for our food in the restaurant.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 05:32 AM   #42072
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm wishing every one a happy new year. I hope you all have a great year, that surpasses your expectations.

Has anyone got any resolutions? Mine are to be more creative and to go to the cinema at least once a month.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #42073
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm wishing every one a happy new year. I hope you all have a great year, that surpasses your expectations.

Has anyone got any resolutions? Mine are to be more creative and to go to the cinema at least once a month.
I don't believe in resolutions, but I don't knock those who do. I just want to keep reinforcing healthy habits, keep reading new things, and keep trying new recipes But there is nothing new about this - these are my all the time goals.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #42074
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
My resolution is to not make resolutions anymore.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #42075
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My resolution is 1280 X 1080.

Seriously, I don't make resolutions. I try to reinforce good habits and change bad habits. And life finds ways to keep me busy no matter what my plans might be.

Happy New Year, all!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?