Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #41986
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Being oh-so-grateful for electricity. As it's my day off, of course, I was awakened this morning by the sound of my UPS beeping, to alert me that the power was off. What I minded was no coffee, rather than anything else. Mr. H pulled out an old camp stove and tank of fuel, and at least we were able to make instant. whoot. But the power's back on and my good old Keurig is happily making me my French Roast. (sigh).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #41987
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Trying to get back to the land of the living. We had to put our 13-year-old cat down Saturday due to aggressive cancer. We had owned her since she was 6 weeks old. The vet returned her ashes to us today (I had no idea this was even a thing), so I am trying to focus on holiday baking. My parents and in-laws requested that I bake bread for a total of 40 people over two meals. Nothing like a good physical distraction.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #41988
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Trying to get back to the land of the living. We had to put our 13-year-old cat down Saturday due to aggressive cancer. We had owned her since she was 6 weeks old. The vet returned her ashes to us today (I had no idea this was even a thing), so I am trying to focus on holiday baking. My parents and in-laws requested that I bake bread for a total of 40 people over two meals. Nothing like a good physical distraction.
Oh, I'm so sorry. As a cat person and someone who's been exactly there and done exactly that, you have my sincere sympathies. It's hard as hell.

Hitch
Old 11-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #41989
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry. As a cat person and someone who's been exactly there and done exactly that, you have my sincere sympathies. It's hard as hell.

Hitch
We lost 2 of our cats this year, and we're still in shock ....
one (Sammie) to a brain tumor, the other (Goldie) to complications from her congenital heart defect ... It hurts like hell
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:59 AM   #41990
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
I'm sorry you lost your kitty. It's so hard to lose a pet.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #41991
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
We lost 2 of our cats this year, and we're still in shock ....
one (Sammie) to a brain tumor, the other (Goldie) to complications from her congenital heart defect ... It hurts like hell
Oh, Pooh, I'm sorry. I know how devoted you guys are to your furballs. (hugs) from here.

H
Old 11-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #41992
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, Pooh, I'm sorry. I know how devoted you guys are to your furballs. (hugs) from here.

H
Thanks! We treasure our furbabies ...
Old 11-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #41993
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Thanks! We treasure our furbabies ...
Yeah, furmoms and dads only understand each other. Mr. Hitch has a friend, and when our Clancy passed on (stomach cancer, I had to have him put down), and Mr. H was upset, the friend said "Well, it's only a cat." Suffice to say, their friendship was a bit strained for a while. ;-)

Hitch
Old 11-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #41994
poohbear_nc
Now what?

So Stella Cat was having problems adjusting to being an only cat ....

and we have a new addition to the family -- Pixie -- who is now 9 months old.

Her body is a very dark calico/tortie color - which makes her almost impossible to photograph without looking like a black blob

Stella is still adjusting to becoming a 'single mom' to this youngster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pixie..JPG
Views:	95
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	167932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pixie.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	531.7 KB
ID:	167935  
Old 11-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #41995
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So Stella Cat was having problems adjusting to being an only cat ....

and we have a new addition to the family -- Pixie -- who is now 9 months old.

Her body is a very dark calico/tortie color - which makes her almost impossible to photograph without looking like a black blob

Stella is still adjusting to becoming a 'single mom' to this youngster.
She's beautiful!

We are going to wait until next winter when we plan to buy a new house to get any new babies. We want to get a pair of female siblings. But right now we are just adjusting to all the empty spaces where a cat or a cat thing is supposed to be in this house.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #41996
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
She's beautiful!

We are going to wait until next winter when we plan to buy a new house to get any new babies. We want to get a pair of female siblings. But right now we are just adjusting to all the empty spaces where a cat or a cat thing is supposed to be in this house.
I could never adjust to the empty cat spaces after the loss of a furbaby ... I can't go long not being able to reach out and hug a furbaby ....
Old 11-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #41997
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
I could never adjust to the empty cat spaces after the loss of a furbaby ... I can't go long not being able to reach out and hug a furbaby ....
Trust me, I am feeling that on a minute-by-minute basis right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Willow.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	167937  
Old 11-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #41998
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Awwww .... what a sweet face ... I know exactly the hell you are going through .... <hugs>
Old 11-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #41999
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
When we lost Maisy in 2016 it was very hard. I'm sorry for your lost. We had to give Sweet Pea away when she became ill in 2017. The lady that took her allowed her to have two litters before spading her. I was not happy about that but she is doing well but they moved away so I don't get to know anything anymore. I miss having kitties but I don't think I could ever go through it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:25 AM   #42000
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
On a lighter note, I am going back to work
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?