Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Rockin
Enthusiast
Rockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch
Target has KT for $100

Don't know if people have seen it or not. The touch is available at Target in USA for $100. The sign said "sale" so I don't think it is permanent price yet, but it may because Nook Touch went to that price.

I upgraded from Wifi to touch a few weeks ago and it was purchased at Target. They refunded the extra $30 I paid at that time to me so that was very nice.
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Can it be the new released version with special offers?

http://www.kobobooks.com/touch_with_offers
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post

Wow!!! I didn't even know there is such thing.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Maybe we should issue another thread about this news.....
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It's US only. I guess they really do intend to go head to head with Amazon over this device. It makes sense to release it there first, I suppose, especially if they have limited quantities. It is listed as out of stock on the kobo site with shipping in 2-3 weeks. Kewl that Target has it.

I wonder when we will get it. Maybe all the deals are Target deals like the Kindle deals are Amazon based. We don't have Target here--yet, though that is supposed to change in 2012. I don't know if Ontario already has Target.

Last edited by taming; 11-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No Target here yet Taming.. (Well actually, there is another store using the Target name but not affiliated).

And I wonder with the Touch with Offers whether it will be possible to install the regular Touch firmware on it?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I imagine that it uses the same kind of thing that pushes newspapers, previews etc. Folks that have the kindle with SO often seem to like the deals they get. I'd like to hear from someone that has one of these Touch ones to see if it is single store or some other kind of thing. I don't know that the idea would go over as well here, Peter. We don't get much in the way of phone deals yet, so neither our retailers or consumers are used to that sort of thing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No Target here yet Taming.. (Well actually, there is another store using the Target name but not affiliated).
Future Shop has the Touch on sale for $129. I picked one up the other day - love it!
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #9
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
Toys R us Canada has the Kobo Touch on for $119. I saw it in the flyer but had to ask for it in the electronics department as they had them locked away and not displayed anywhere.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Rockin
Enthusiast
Rockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura aboutRockin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch
Since there is now an ad-supported KT and I was going to Target for something else, I double checked their ereader display. It certainly looks like the $100 price is for normal KT. I still couldn't tell how long it will be at that price as there was two prices listed, one next to the display unit and one inside the cabinet with the ereader boxes. It didn't say "sale" or "price reduced" on the $99.99 so who knows but since they didn't remove the $129.99 one, I assume it is temporary.
Rockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post

Hmm. I guess that means you can't set the KT to show the bookcover of the current book when sleeping or off anymore.. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote