Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #31
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Mine was delivered by USPS, as has been the case I think with everything I've ever ordered from 1SaleADay. Mine still doesn't even show in my account that it was shipped, so that's probably not a marker for anyone to go by.
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #32
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Mine hasn't been marked as shipped yet either.. maybe I'll get lucky and get it tomorrow though.

Funny thing is I'm leaving Tuesday for a week!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #33
SatyrsLynx
SatyrsLynx doesn't litterSatyrsLynx doesn't litter

Diane, that makes me a little happier, knowing yours doesn't show a tracking # yet... I know I ordered pretty late in the day on Monday, as I didn't know about the deal (or the site) until then, but immediately started researching and found this forum!

Please, please please, show up at my door today!
SatyrsLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #34
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
OT, but just some info on my own SaleADay experience.

Nothing but a bunch of crooks IME. Totally unresponsive, basically took my money and I never saw my purchase. 3 months, dozens of emails later and an official complaint filed with the NYC/Long Island BBB and I finally got my purchase price back. This occurred in late 2009.

I ain't alone. Just something to consider...
thanks for the warning...

but interesting about getting reimbursed... if i don't receive an item from a vendor w/in a reasonable time with no explanation, i can simply contact my cc bank and the charge is reversed - why did it take 3 months?
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Because having a CC charge reversed can sometimes be construed as fraud and because of this many people don't consider that to be an option.

When today's generation have problems like that, the FIRST people they contact is their CC company. It can be very annoying.

For example, as a mechanic I've had customers who picked up their car, paying for the repairs with a CC and mentioning no problems. A few weeks later we'll find out that the CC charge has been reversed and we're screwed out of the money. Sometimes we'll find out later that they thought the price was too high.. or that the problem wasn't fixed and instead of contacting us directly for a resolution they just have the charge cancelled and thought that this was just OK to do.

In many cases this is no different than picking up their car without paying for it and on several occasions we have pursued legal action against people who do this and won!

Simply put having a CC charge (or check) reversed should be the ABSOLUTE LAST option and definitely not the first. I once had an ebay vendor screw me out of a computer I bought and it took a 60 day investigation with my CC company (and ebay) before they authorized a legal reversal of charges. Yes I could have simply told them to stop it but I wanted to play by ebay's rules so I would face no repurcussions. 60 days later I got my money back (plus a small bit of interest) and then it was ebay's problem, not mine.

It sounds like lestatar handled things correctly. The real question is why did it happen? Was it because of 1SAD's business practices or was it an isolated incident? If the former I'd like to think that they've since corrected things considering that they are still in business over 18 months later and if the latter than we probably don't have much to worry about...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #36
OhSewMe
OhSewMe began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
Because having a CC charge reversed can sometimes be construed as fraud and because of this many people don't consider that to be an option.

When today's generation have problems like that, the FIRST people they contact is their CC company. It can be very annoying.

For example, as a mechanic I've had customers who picked up their car, paying for the repairs with a CC and mentioning no problems. A few weeks later we'll find out that the CC charge has been reversed and we're screwed out of the money. Sometimes we'll find out later that they thought the price was too high.. or that the problem wasn't fixed and instead of contacting us directly for a resolution they just have the charge cancelled and thought that this was just OK to do.
Forgive me, but the latter seems to be a much different situation than not receiving a product OR communication. And, I'm sure there are many "generations" here. I have worked in finance and credit for years and know the correct measures to take and would never "out" anyone their rightful dues, as I would not appreciate that being done to me. So, making such a broad statement is insinuating that "all" others don't share your good practices. But, I understand the frustration and loss that is caused by those who essentially steal goods or services, and I'm sorry you (and many others) experience this regularly. And, it is not ok.

Yes, let the PE's ALL come in today!!
OhSewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ Well this thread is not about me and my incident, but since people have asked, the sequence of events as I recall was pretty much as follows:

- placed order with 1SaD;
- no status updates on their site and no emails for over 2+ weeks;
- then at least 6 emails to customer service over another 2 weeks went unanswered...yes, the emails became increasingly nasty;
- finally, email was answered...usual, expected apologies, then told item not in stock; offered a chance for "refund" or wait another week for guaranteed restock;
- 1+ week, possibly 2 I forget now, goes by, still no updates on my order on their site and no further email about restocked item getting shipped;
- another 3 or so so emails, finally I manage to get it kicked up to a supervisor, who signs email with her name; she apologizes profusely, claims that she will pull the item and in a follow email 7 or so days later tells me my purchased item is sitting on her desk [it was a Fuze mp3 player];
- I am fuming at this point; dig online, find out many similar complaints against 1SaD with many people filing BBB complaints; stuff like bait and switch, damaged, used goods shipped as new, etc...
- this supervisor finally responds to my 9 thousandth email and has the temerity to have an attitude with me; I want my device, she claims she has it on her desk and I tell her I want it, ship it immediately;
- 7 days later I check my card and I see a credit on there for my purchase price.

Basically, she lied to me.

Fed up, I sent the whole email communication to BBB in NYC and Long Island against 1SaD.

Never have I wished for someone to lose their jobs - never before and never since. But that woman was the shining example of someone who deserved to be fired.

I was patient beyond all reasonable expectations. This person unilaterally made a decision to refund me AFTER I specifically told her I still wanted my product. Unacceptable. Total time, maybe around 2 months now that I think about it, but including the time I spent with the BBB filing, it felt like 3. The amount was small - less than 50USD. I am not rich, but I was so sick of this I was ready to just walk away...but it was the baldfaced lies from that wench of a supervisor that pushed me over the edge.

That, in a nutshell, is what happened to me. Thus, never again with 1SaD. Sad, but 100% true.

So am glad folks are having success with this group. Perhaps my incident was indeed isolated, but no need to go through that again IMO.

Last edited by lestatar; 07-25-2011 at 02:08 PM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
OhSewMe

Wow, lestasar, that is sad---quality customer service and satisfaction has sure taken a real turn in the last 20 years. A loyal customer was once valued....you are doing the right thing by spreading the word. I will surely think twice next time I see something shiny...cause it usually shows up elsewhere, and sometimes for a better price.
:-)

Mine showed via USPS today...it won't turn yet...it's on the charger...I sure hope it works. I had a Dr. appt. today--they always tire me--so I haven't even played it yet....but, I think I tried to turn it on... :-?
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #39
SatyrsLynx
SatyrsLynx doesn't litterSatyrsLynx doesn't litter

Ohnoes! I swear, I'm gonna be the last one to get mine. <pout>

Ok, it's only been a week, but as the hubby will tell you, I am not the most patient person in the world. I hope that UPS brings me a prezzie tomorrow!

Oh, you said USPS... I better go check the mail! (We have a bank of boxes here, not individual boxes at the house.) Damn!!

edit: ohappydance! <grin>

Last edited by SatyrsLynx; 07-26-2011 at 12:19 AM.
SatyrsLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #40
OhSewMe

I hope so SatyrsLynx!!

And, for those less advanced techies (or those just needing a laugh at my expense).
NO, plugging the AC cord in for four hours does NOT charge your PE---IF you plug it into the audio jack!

I did pick up new glasses yesterday....I just failed to put them on when I was opening up my new toy--and hiding it from my son--and trying to get it plugged in. That's my story......
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #41
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSewMe View Post
NO, plugging the AC cord in for four hours does NOT charge your PE---IF you plug it into the audio jack!
<plunger trombone>Wah wah waaaaaaah</plunger trombone>

I felt pretty cool that I never made this mistake until last night when I was really tired and plugged it in, folded over and upside-down, and wondered why my charge light didn't come on.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #42
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by muranternet View Post
<plunger trombone>Wah wah waaaaaaah</plunger trombone>

I felt pretty cool that I never made this mistake until last night when I was really tired and plugged it in, folded over and upside-down, and wondered why my charge light didn't come on.
You know someone else mentioned they plugged their charger into the headphone jack. I said to myself, "not too bright dude"...

Well, I almost did it myself the night before!

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #43
TracyLynn
TracyLynn began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, enTourage Pocket eDGe
I'm still waiting for my enTourage eDGe to come in. I ordered the same day as everyone else. Starting to getting little anxious only because others are getting it and I have no way to track my order.
Is there anyone else who still has not received theirs yet?
TracyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #44
OhSewMe

How nice, you guys are making me feel better.....I'm not alone.

TracyLynn-They are in NY...you may be able to look up to see how long it takes USPS to deliver to you from there...I would add a few days for handling...just for kicks, maybe-I don't know if they actually mailed them or had them drop-shipped. I hope you get it ASAP!

Funny, though, I got mine yesterday....but, TODAY I get an email saying it has been shipped!!! Well, duh!!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #45
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
I am still waiting for one also. Got the tracking # emailed today (but it's not functioning yet). A friend received their unit yesterday, and tracking # today.
At least the tracking #'s are all arriving the same day.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote