Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
Djanoko
Djanoko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo, the glow is off

Hi,
I just bought a second hand Kobo Glo, which was working just fine until I noticed that I can't turn the brightness on anymore. In the beginning, I couldn't turn it off, so I just slid the button all the way to the left, on minimum, and left it there. When I wanted to turn it up, I noticed that the brightness icon - that little sun - now has a bar across it, meaning it is off. No matter how much I pressed it, I couldn't get it back on.
No idea what to do. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
Djanoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djanoko View Post
Hi,
I just bought a second hand Kobo Glo, which was working just fine until I noticed that I can't turn the brightness on anymore. In the beginning, I couldn't turn it off, so I just slid the button all the way to the left, on minimum, and left it there. When I wanted to turn it up, I noticed that the brightness icon - that little sun - now has a bar across it, meaning it is off. No matter how much I pressed it, I couldn't get it back on.
No idea what to do. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
As a silly question, have you tried turning the light back on with the button on the top of your Glo next to the power button? AFAIR, the bar means the light was turned off using the physical button.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
Djanoko
Djanoko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks!

Not a silly question (unless you refer to my question), because I hadn't seen that button. I found it eventually by fumbling with it, but thanks anyway!)
Cheers!
Djanoko is offline   Reply With Quote