Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #31
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Well, that shows how much attention I've been paying. I've just been counting how many have turned on color from the grayscale but mine are 8 diamond and 3 hexagon with another 3 hexagon not active yet. I should get one of those Tuesday and the last 2 only if I read every day through the end of the month.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #32
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Today is a day to read to get one of the Hexagons

January 19th - Quitter's Day Hexagon, the day most stop working on their New Year's Resolutions
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #33
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Today is a day to read to get one of the Hexagons

January 19th - Quitter's Day Hexagon, the day most stop working on their New Year's Resolutions
Still waiting on that one. Maybe it's one of the ones they say can take up to 72 hours to show up.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #34
TheSidXXX
TheSidXXX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

Obviously I doubt many will de-register and then re-register their devices, or buy a new device in the month of January just for this badge, which does not count toward earning the credit anyway since it's not a diamond badge .
I can confirm -- deregistering and reregistering does NOT activate this badge.

I deregistered, and immediately reregistered.

I deregistered, logged into a different account, waited two days, reregistered with main account.

I found an old Kindle I hadn't used for a few years, and reregistered it.

The last thing I did was about a week ago, and none of the above unlocked that badge.

I have 3 left -- that one, read 30 days, and get all the badges. I'll be able to get the 30 day one, but not the other two. Not really well thought out, if they know I bought a new Kindle in the last year, and the only way to unlock one of the badges is to buy another new one.
TheSidXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:47 PM   #35
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

The one for the 19th activated after lunch today. So now I have just the 30 days and got all badges left and should get those if I don't miss a day through the end of the month. Either way I have what they require for the $5 deal.
Advert
Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #36
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSidXXX View Post
I can confirm -- deregistering and reregistering does NOT activate this badge.

I deregistered, and immediately reregistered.

I deregistered, logged into a different account, waited two days, reregistered with main account.

I found an old Kindle I hadn't used for a few years, and reregistered it.

The last thing I did was about a week ago, and none of the above unlocked that badge.

I have 3 left -- that one, read 30 days, and get all the badges. I'll be able to get the 30 day one, but not the other two. Not really well thought out, if they know I bought a new Kindle in the last year, and the only way to unlock one of the badges is to buy another new one.
Sometimes there is a day or two lag in activating the badge, so it may be unlocked, just not showing as that yet. With all the work you just did, you definitely deserve that badge to be unlocked!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #37
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
The one for the 19th activated after lunch today. So now I have just the 30 days and got all badges left and should get those if I don't miss a day through the end of the month. Either way I have what they require for the $5 deal.
Mine activated late that evening, so I am still on track.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #38
TheSidXXX

Quote:
Sometimes there is a day or two lag in activating the badge, so it may be unlocked, just not showing as that yet. With all the work you just did, you definitely deserve that badge to be unlocked!
That's what I was hoping, but it's been a week since I've tried anything, so I think it would've unlocked by now if it was going to.

I will admit I scanned ebay to see how much a cheap used kindle was just to unlock it! But since it's just bragging rights, and not an actual coupon, I came to my senses...

I may do that in a future month if there is actual money on the line instead of just a badge I can't actually display anywhere!
Old 01-22-2021, 09:32 PM   #39
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I've been reading off and on all day long and still the challenge page won't update to show one more day of reading.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #40
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

It finally updated about noon and jumped 2 days on days read so it's back up to date again.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #41
TheSidXXX

I did an online chat with Amazon today and they told me that Easy on the Eyes can only be unlocked by registering a device that has NOT previously been registered to that account. So that's why it hasn't unlocked for me.

I also found out that some people have a badge called "Read on the Go" which is for registering a Kindle app on a smart device. I've only seen one person mention that version of the badge.

I asked why they would give me that badge when my Kindle is less than a year old, and they said "Everybody has the same badges" which I know is not true. I have seen dozens of screenshots of people's badges, and most of them don't have this one. When I told him that, he disconnected the chat.

So, I guess I'm not getting that badge, lol...
Old 01-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #42
Paperbackstash
Wizard

That is irritating on the registering requirement for completionists.

I haven't heard of the Read on the Go badge. They are definitely not correct that everyone has the same badges, as we can see here and on Reddit. Some people even got one more than others.

And it's beyond rude that he disconnected the chat. We can't help it that he's wrong lol

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 01-25-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #43
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I don't have read on the go as either a completed or yet to complete option. Mine are

bronze
silver
gold
goal setter
I'm a fan
book in hand
prime reader
kindle unlimited
kindle unlimited reader
series starter
night owl
quitters day
finisher
over achiever

They are all activated except gold and over achiever. If I don't miss a day through the end of the month those two should activate.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #44
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This seems to only work with purchased or borrowed Kindle books. I stopped receiving credit when I started reading one of the books I side loaded from Calibre.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #45
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Noticed just now that it includes books borrowed from a public library!
Odd. They are adding new ones this late? I wonder if, when they do, they exchange them with an existing one someone didn't earn on random accounts.