Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Mario Levrero
No idea of what I'm doing
Mario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Additional Qt apps compiled for Kobo

I'm in the process of -trying- to create a custom firmware/operating system for my Kobo Glo HD completely based on Qt using KoboLauncher as my base.

While I'm doing that, I'm compiling some custom apps for it, getting them from various sources and making subtle modifications to their source code in order to make them more comfortable to use on the Kobo.

In this thread I will be uploading every app I think runs acceptably on an eink device. In order to install them, you just have to download the .zip file with the name of the app, extract it on your vlasovsoft folder, and add the text that I will put inside a quotes tag below every app to the vlasovsoft/applications.ini file. Its source code can be found inside the -src.zip files. Feel welcome to modify them and fix bugs. They can all be built with the last qt4.8 version for embedded devices.

I will update this thread everytime I get an additional app running.

These are the first three, all taken from the example apps that are built when you compile qt:

Scribble

Pros: You can specify the thickness and color of the line, and you can also clear the screen and draw over any image that you have saved on the device.

Cons: The line does not appear on the screen until you lift the finger. This is -as far as I can tell- a bug on the vlasovsoft Qt mouse driver, so it is probably hard to fix.

Quote:
Scribble = scribble.sh

Calendar

Just a simple calendar widget. Looks better on landscape mode.

Quote:
Calendar = calendar.sh

Light maps

An OpenStreetMap client. Needs Wi-Fi to work. I don't know why, but it fails on some of the oldest firmwares.

Quote:
Light maps = lightmaps.sh
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribble.zip (18.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: zip scribble-src.zip (30.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: zip calendar.zip (13.1 KB, 178 views)
File Type: zip calendar-src.zip (16.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: zip lightmaps.zip (26.0 KB, 180 views)
File Type: zip lightmaps-src.zip (43.6 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Mario Levrero; 04-28-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Mario Levrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Thanks for sharing your work
boriar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Looks good!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
Creeperm4n
Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
these are so good add more please
Creeperm4n is offline   Reply With Quote