Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What’s your Covid vaccination status?
I’ve had both shots. 3 3.45%
I’ve had my first shot. 15 17.24%
My first shot is scheduled, but I haven’t got it yet. 2 2.30%
I’m qualified in my state or region and want it, but haven’t been able to schedule it. 10 11.49%
I’m not qualified yet in my state or region. 45 51.72%
Qualified or not, my immune system is compromised and I won’t get one. 0 0%
I’m opposed to the vaccine on principle and won’t get one. 2 2.30%
I’m waiting to see how it goes. 6 6.90%
There’s no vaccine available in my region. 3 3.45%
Prefer not to answer. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #76
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus sooo MRSA
Thanks. Same thing a co-worker suffered from years back. He had his own set of towels, bedding, etc. which his wife and kids did not use even after being freshly laundered.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:17 PM   #77
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Thanks. Same thing a co-worker suffered from years back. He had his own set of towels, bedding, etc. which his wife and kids did not use even after being freshly laundered.
Son & I have used same ...After washing... Towels & wash cloths. His bed was Queen recent down graded to Twin XL. My bed Twin. He helps me put meds on the sores & at times I have problems getting out of shower & dressing. I had this Almost 2 years. 8 months Before I asked the drs about it I thought bug bites. In November the VA wanted me to come in for new Scooter. when there I showed the "bites" to Dr she shrugged it off. Again 2 months later she ignored them. In Desperation I ask to see Allergy Dr. thinking I was Allergic to what ever was biting me. After another month of Run Arounds I Call Ft Detrick ask them about it. They had the Local VA take Pictures cause of covid. Yep I had it a year no help. 1st the sent me tons of DRY Skin products!! All of which my son had to help me put on. After 30 day I request seeing Dr at Ft Detrick in Person then I INSISTED the Test the Sores! Well I got to the Drs in Ft D every 2-3 months ... Sores still there Last Thursday was my latest visit I waiting for test to come back to see what the trying next.
I never been admitted to hospital & my son has not got it! As far as I know no one that been around me has it. Every one that comes near me I try to stop them they Still hug & a couple even rubbed my arms Sores & ALL! for letting me vent
Old 02-21-2021, 11:56 PM   #78
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
As far as I know no one that been around me has it. Every one that comes near me I try to stop them they Still hug & a couple even rubbed my arms Sores & ALL! for letting me vent
Ranks up there with the complete strangers who seem to think it is okay to pat a pregnant woman's abdomen.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #79
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
My wife and I are both qualifed for the vaccine, and we're signed up with the local Health Department, but everywhere we've looked for a shot tells us they are completely booked up. We check every day, most days multiple times, but it's the same story each time.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #80
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I tolerated the 2nd shot very well - had chills/sweats and fatigue the next day - took lots of naps.

Tom - it took weeks for me to snag an appointment - had the best luck using MyChart. I had signed up on multiple waiting lists (Health Dept., Duke Health, etc.) - but never got contacted. So I went on MyChart and kept refreshing the Appointment Schedule page. Think I was on about 6 hours. Whenever someone canceled an appointment, it would pop up on the page.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #81
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Just got my second shot. The process was easy for me. Multicare, the medical network I belong to, emailed me to make an appointment. I was quickly in and out for each shot.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:13 AM   #82
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Ranks up there with the complete strangers who seem to think it is okay to pat a pregnant woman's abdomen.
I was in the Army when pregnant No one Dare to pat my abdomen

Heard from VA they got 1 result back ... Some of the sores are Another type of infection! So they are sending me the meds for that 2 Weeks 2 times a day. They can not figure out one of the sores so they are testing for Fungus... ewweeyyy This is So much Fun NOT!

Did your friend ever get Cured of MRSA?
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #83
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Can we keep posts Covid-related, please?
Old 02-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #84
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My sister and others were obsessed with how our 84 year old father was going to handle the second Moderna shot. They assumed the worst because they knew people (people who were not wimps!--their words not mine) who felt terrible after the second shot. When Dad reported that he had literally no reaction whatsoever to either shot, they didn't want to believe him.

The moral is: don't stress about potential (and quite normal) immune responses to the vaccine. Outside of very rare, severe allergic reactions (which usually happen within 15 minutes after injection and have been mostly relegated to people with known severe allergies who chose to take the risk of being vaccinated anyway), there is every chance you'll feel nothing. And if you do feel something, it will be normal and probably relatively mild (unless you stress yourself sick over it).

I've been achy and tired for twenty years. And hot/cold flashes have been a daily affair for nearly as long. So how would I even know if it could possibly be attributed to the vaccine?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-23-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #85
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
@DiapDealer, same here, I feel like poop most days anyway, so I probably won’t notice much difference.

So far two of my friends have had their 2nd shots. One didn't have side effects at all from either shot. One had very minor side effects from the 1st shot and a lot of nausea from the 2nd, or so he thought. But he is an alcoholic and was drinking quite heavily to cope with life. The doctors finally convinced him he was causing the nausea by drinking heavily while taking all of his heart medicines, and they got him to check into a drying out clinic for a week. As soon as he stopped drinking, the nausea started going away.

If someone is a heavy drinker, they should probably lay off for a few days around the time they get the shots. I still don't think his severe nausea was because of the 2nd shot. I think it might have pushed him over the threshold a bit, but it was the heavy drinking while taking a boat load of necessary medicines that made him sick. I hope he learned his lesson and stops drinking so much.

So far I’ve lost two people I knew to COVID-19. One had been my boss in the early 1980s. He spread it to a dear friend of mine who still worked with him. Fortunately my friend survived, though he got very sick. The other was a kindly older police officer who patrolled in our little town. He likely caught it while on duty. Unfortunately he spread it to his 84 year old mother, they both died just days apart.

I definitely think it is worth getting the vaccines to not only protect ourselves but those we come into contact with as well. But each person needs to decide on their own.

Last edited by OtinG; 02-23-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:35 PM   #86
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Can we keep posts Covid-related, please?
Well, I voted first shot scheduled, and had the Moderna this past Saturday. No reaction. My wife had slight arm pain.

My mother, 94, has had both (Pfizer) with no reaction.

One other thing we could have voted on — who made your appointment? In the U.S., it is often your child. I spent hours to get an appointment for my mom, and one of our sons did the same for Barbara and myself. There also is a parent for child appointment coming up in my family.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:04 AM   #87
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Well, I voted first shot scheduled, and had the Moderna this past Saturday. No reaction. My wife had slight arm pain.

My mother, 94, has had both (Pfizer) with no reaction.

One other thing we could have voted on — who made your appointment? In the U.S., it is often your child. I spent hours to get an appointment for my mom, and one of our sons did the same for Barbara and myself. There also is a parent for child appointment coming up in my family.
I wonder what the age is above which mostly children or caretakers make the appointment and below which people mostly handle it for themselves. Eighty-ish, I’d guess.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:15 AM   #88
mpeg2
Connoisseur
mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mpeg2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My wife & I have had both shots (Moderna) - sore arms on the 1st - some reaction to the 2nd (tiredness & slight fever for me, higher fever for my wife - lasted only a day).

When NJ opened to over 65s, I got on to every list I could find & lucked into appointments for both of us in a local urgent care facility.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #89
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
I wonder what the age is above which mostly children or caretakers make the appointment and below which people mostly handle it for themselves. Eighty-ish, I’d guess.
My guess would be lower than 80s. I'm a later Baby Boomer (1958) who spent a career in high tech, but most of the Boomers I know via family and friends, especially the older ones in their 70s, are not very tech savvy at all. Add to the lack of being tech savvy the fact that the registration process is often a convoluted mess that even a tech savvy person finds difficult and frustrating to follow, I would say the age where children are making the appointments for them is likely in the 70s or even lower.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #90
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I made my disabled brother's (65 w/complications) first appointment. They set up the 2nd appointment while he was there. My Mom (87) will do her own appointment when they call. I think a lot depends on whether you have a computer, are alert, can hear, and/or drive yourself. If you daughter or son is driving you, makes more sense for them to make the appointment. My Mom knows she can make the appointment at any time. If there is a conflict with my brother's appointments, my Aunt will take her and visa versa.

Last edited by Tarana; 02-24-2021 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread