Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 05:02 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
EPUB to AZW3: font sizes changed

I notice that when converting EPUBs to AZW3, the original font sizes are changed. Comparing the CSS in the original EPUB to that in the generated AZW3, I see that 1em remains as 1em, but 2em becomes 1.5 em, 1.5em becomes 1.375em, 1.2em becomes 1.125em...

Is there anything I can do to get the output font sizes to match the original sizes?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Conversion Options > Look & feel > Disable font size rescaling

I believe how fonts are re-scaled depends on the output profile selected. There are other settings there to control font sizes.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#id18

Last edited by JimmyR; 11-29-2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Add info
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Conversion Options > Look & feel > Disable font size rescaling

I believe how fonts are re-scaled depends on the output profile selected. There are other settings there to control font sizes.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#id18
Thanks! I did look at that tab, but somehow completely missed that setting!

So many settings, so little time...
Old 11-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Thanks! I did look at that tab, but somehow completely missed that setting!

So many settings, so little time...
Followup: I ticked the box, and reconverted, and nothing happened.
I restarted calibre, reconverted, nothing happened.
Then I remembered something else you pointed me at on another thread about saved conversion settings:
Quote:
1. From the defaults set in Preferences->Conversion
2. From the saved conversion settings for each book being converted (if any). This can be turned off by the option in the top left corner of the Bulk Conversion dialog.
And of course I'd forgotten about the unobtrusive "Use saved conversion settings..." checkbox.
So now all I have to do is reconvert all my AZW3s: but this time, remember to untick that damned unobtrusive little checkbox...