Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
American_Desi
Connoisseur
American_Desi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9"
How to Assign Sequential Numbers to Series Index

I'm in a situation where I need to get Calibre to assign sequential numbers to a set of books that are already in the same series. I can sort them into the order I want by pub date, but as imported each book has series index 1 for some reason. With them in chronological publication date order, I want Calibre to assign a new series index to them from 1 to 380 in +1.0 intervals. How do I do this with Calibre's bulk metadata editor? I assume I should use {template} for "search field." What do I put in the "Template," "Search for," "Replace with," and "Destination" fields? I assume Destination field would be series_index.

Sorry if this sounds elementary... I am a complete Python newbie. Thanks in advance for your help.
American_Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Try the Manage Series plugin. That can renumber all books in a series.

You might also want to look at the tweak, "series_index_auto_increment". That controls how the series index is handled when you add a new book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you can get them into the correct order in the GUI then simply select them all and then do Edit Metadata. The resulting dialog allows you to set the series, the starting number and the increment.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
American_Desi
Connoisseur
American_Desi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Try the Manage Series plugin. That can renumber all books in a series.

You might also want to look at the tweak, "series_index_auto_increment". That controls how the series index is handled when you add a new book.
Ahh, that worked. Thanks!
American_Desi is offline   Reply With Quote