Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
emoreau
emoreau began at the beginning.

Device: Surface RT
Previous selected book when opening Calibre

Every time I start Calibre on my PC, it is always selecting the last book I have added to my collection in the cover grid.

As I am currently reading a book I have added a couple of months ago, every time I start Calibre I need to loop through the books to find the one I am interested in (the last book I was reading).

Is there a way to remember the book I was previously reading?
emoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoreau View Post
Every time I start Calibre on my PC, it is always selecting the last book I have added to my collection in the cover grid.

As I am currently reading a book I have added a couple of months ago, every time I start Calibre I need to loop through the books to find the one I am interested in (the last book I was reading).

Is there a way to remember the book I was previously reading?
Open the ebook-VIEWER from the Start Menu (Calibre does not need to be running)

The viewers Open Icon Right-click has a Last (few) Opened list. The last is on the top

Last edited by theducks; 07-27-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Clairity
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And the "View" toolbar icon in the library GUI has a similar dropdown.

I've hidden that icon since I use the keyboard shortcut to open books in the viewer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And the "View" toolbar icon in the library GUI has a similar dropdown.

I've hidden that icon since I use the keyboard shortcut to open books in the viewer.
I removed the Icon as I knew 'V' worked.
But it appear that the Context Menu 'View' also has the last read list (whoda thunkit)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote