Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
scgf
Connoisseur
scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Amazon PW 3 iPad Pro, iPhone 12 Pro
last line in each paragraph centred

I have converted some books I bought a while ago from ereader format to html, then using Calibre to lrf.

Strangely, when I view the books in Calibre, I see that the last line of each paragraph is centred. I have tried editing the html source, adding <align=center> to no avail. The html file looks fine in a web browser and each paragraph is correctly aligned.

I haven't bothered putting any of these files onto my Sony Reader, I am assuming that the layout will look the same as Callibre displays it.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
scgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Attach one of these html files here.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
scgf
Connoisseur
scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of the offending html files is here

Note I am using the b9 version of Calibre on a Mac.

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the paragaphs have align='center' specified (all the lines are centered, you only notice it for the last line because its ususally shorter than the page width.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It works in a browser because actually only the leading paragraphs have align=center however the text is not put into its own <p> element. In this situation html2lrf (in order to generate more efficient LRF files) inherits the center attribute from the previous paragraph.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
scgf
Connoisseur

Thank you.

I'm not sure what to do to put it right, though. I added <align=left> after any centred text and it made no difference.

Sorry to be so dumb :-(
Old 09-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Just add a <p style="text-align:left"> at the start of each block of text
Old 09-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
Waltarro
Waltarro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Don't know if you've worked around this or not, but I've been having the
same problem. I found that if open the html file in OpenOffice Writer and
resave the html, the alignment is corrected.
Waltarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #9
scgf
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltarro View Post
Don't know if you've worked around this or not, but I've been having the
same problem. I found that if open the html file in OpenOffice Writer and
resave the html, the alignment is corrected.
Hey, that's excellent! I use OpenOffice already so I'll give it a shot.

Thank's very much for the tip!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
scgf
Connoisseur

Just tried it on my Mac using NeoOffice and it works! Very easy!

Thanks again.