Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #16
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I might have to do a "reset" of the battery by letting it go to "plug in" screen. I have a O1 with 2 covers. So I usually do a bit charge one after the other and then I read until both covers are down. Repeat. As i have shifted my reading away from the O2 back to the smaller and more comfortable size for me O1, I noticed that the battery display doesn't match.

Its not going down dramatically as others seem to have that issue, its just a different number on the top and in the popup display. So the top menu bar says 76%, the popup says kindle batter 97% and cover 82%. It seems to always be a few percentage off. Course I don't know if the 76 or the 82 is the correct one.
Hasn't really affected my reading on it and I haven't noticed any more drain than in the years past, but its bothering my OCD. . Its doing the same with both charging covers, just in a different way. On the 2nd cover the difference is 9%.

I'll just try to ignore in the meantime and read as usual.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #17
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thought I'd report back on my experience re-calibrating the Oasis1 battery.

Before re-calibrating, I was getting some odd readings where the cover battery suddenly plummets, though the readings for the Oasis seemed okay.

I ran the cover down to 1% (the lowest it would go and the point at which a low-battery warning would appear every time the Oasis was connected to the cover), then it took a bit more reading to run the Oasis battery all the way down. I ignored the low-battery warnings until the Oasis shut off by itself.

Then I connected the Oasis to the cover, plugged into a/c power and charged up to 100%.

After all that, I was alarmed to find the Oasis battery would go from a full charge to 30% in less than 2 hours!

I then let the Oasis battery run all the way down again until it shut itself off by itself. This happened after only 3 hours of reading!

Then I re-connected the Oasis to the cover and charged everything up to 100%.

Now everything is operating smoothly. I'm getting about 8 hours of reading on a full charge, the battery readings for both Oasis and cover are as expected (no more odd plummeting).

So if anyone is planning to re-calibrate, you might want to start with just running down the Oasis itself, not the cover. If that doesn't get you the desired results, then run down both, keeping in mind that you might have to re-calibrate the Oasis again afterward.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote