Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
Can you provide a link, please?
Here is the link:

https://ereader.store/en/store/onyx-boox-note-2-63.html

I have bought all my Onyx ereaders from this store in Germany. They have been very reliable in my opinion and enjoy a good reputation.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #17
HJOR
HJOR began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Here is the link:

https://ereader.store/en/store/onyx-boox-note-2-63.html

I have bought all my Onyx ereaders from this store in Germany. They have been very reliable in my opinion and enjoy a good reputation.
They ship from Germany?
HJOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:25 PM   #18
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJOR View Post
They ship from Germany?
Over the years, I have purchased 4 Onyx ereaders from them, starting with the original Max, and they have all shipped from Germany. Very reliable service according to my experience and I am in Canada.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #19
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Thanks!
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:57 AM   #20
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Enjoy free accessories from Booxshop with Note2

Order the Boox Note2 from Booxshop, enjoy a case cover, adapter, hub, screen protector, and tether for free. Save $65.96 now. (*Only available for the first 100 purchasers.)
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #21
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Learn more about the Note2 from here.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #22
ehbas
ehbas began at the beginning.

Quote:
Over the years, I have purchased 4 Onyx ereaders from them, starting with the original Max, and they have all shipped from Germany. Very reliable service according to my experience and I am in Canada.
Hi Question Mark!
How much did you pay as importing taxes and duties to ship from Germany to canada?
Do you know how much is that for buying from boox.com in china?
ehbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbas View Post
Hi Question Mark!
How much did you pay as importing taxes and duties to ship from Germany to canada?
Do you know how much is that for buying from boox.com in china?
I'm not sure how exactly Canadian customs works. It seems to be a bit of a lottery in my experience. Sometimes I get charged, while at other times I don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, I didn't have to pay any taxes or duties on my Nova Pro and Note Pro when they arrive earlier this year.

The year before, I had to pay $15.45 (about $5 in taxes and $10 in processing fees) when my Note arrived.

I forget exactly how much I had to pay when I got my Max. The shipping company made a number of mistakes and my package was delayed for a while at customs while things got sorted out. When it was finally delivered, the delivery person only charged me a fraction of what I had been told I would have to pay. Eventually, after they realized their mistake, they asked me to pay the remainder. However, they then waived the fee when I asked for a copy of all the paperwork. I suspect that they had lost it.

As for ordering from China, I suspect that the process would be much the same. Earlier this year, I ordered a Hisense A2 Pro dual screen phone from a store on Aliexpress. I wasn't charged any taxes or duties when it arrived.

Here is a link to a government website where you can check how much you might expect to pay in taxes and duty: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...t-cal-eng.html

But, for some reason, they don't always apply it. Not sure why.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:20 AM   #24
ehbas
ehbas began at the beginning.

Quote:
Here is a link to a government website where you can check how much you might expect to pay in taxes and duty: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...t-cal-eng.html

But, for some reason, they don't always apply it. Not sure why.
First thanks for the reply
I have already checked that website. It says that ''Your estimated duty and taxes are CAN $160 for ereader of CAN $730 (for note 2) worth made by china shipping to QUEBEC.
By the way do any one have experience buying from boox.com directly? Is shipping free to canada? Do you advice buying from them? What extra fees do I have to pay?
ehbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:20 PM   #25
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbas View Post
By the way do any one have experience buying from boox.com directly? Is shipping free to canada? Do you advice buying from them? What extra fees do I have to pay?
You may want to check out this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320568

There are two Canadians in that thread who purchased the Note Pro through a Canadian based website thinking that it would ship from Canada. Their devices instead shipped from China.

I assume that the devices really shipped from Onyx and that the Canadian website simply received a commission for handling the transaction.

Anyway, one of the people said that taxes came to about $40 less than what they had calculated they would be, but didn't say how much that was. The other mentioned getting dinged for $90.

They were both somewhat upset because it was never made explicit that the devices would ship from China instead of Canada thus exposing them to additional fees. That potentiality was hidden away under various terms and conditions.