Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Manage your Kindle limits?

Has anyone noticed not being able to find purchased books using Manage Your Kindle?

It's not a case of Amazon wiping the books from me. I still have access to the book through other means including my Kindle and Android Kindle App. Also, it shows up on my Media Library at Amazon and shows as already purchased if I click the purchase link again. It's just not showing up on my MYK.

It may be that I have so many damn books now that I've exceeded some buffer or something.

Has anyone else had experience with this?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Has anyone noticed not being able to find purchased books using Manage Your Kindle?

It's not a case of Amazon wiping the books from me. I still have access to the book through other means including my Kindle and Android Kindle App. Also, it shows up on my Media Library at Amazon and shows as already purchased if I click the purchase link again. It's just not showing up on my MYK.

It may be that I have so many damn books now that I've exceeded some buffer or something.

Has anyone else had experience with this?
I've noticed that sometimes I will type in the author's name or title of a book and MYK seems to have trouble finding it. I come back a bit later and try again and it's right there. I don't understand it either.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are you waiting for your library to load all the way? I know mine takes a number of minutes to load everything and if I don't wait then the stuff that hasn't loaded doesn't show up in search.

(by loading I mean where it says Showing 1 - 15 of x,xxx items)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Are you waiting for your library to load all the way? I know mine takes a number of minutes to load everything and if I don't wait then the stuff that hasn't loaded doesn't show up in search.

(by loading I mean where it says Showing 1 - 15 of x,xxx items)
This.

Mine has probably close to 1600 books in it and it takes forever to load. The search only works on whatever is currently loaded. On the rare occasion I need to find a book in there, I pull up the page then go do something else and come back to it later. It really is that slow.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have over 4000 books in mine and it takes forever to load. Sometimes up to 5 minutes. I have had books go missing from MYK page but it was a very long time ago.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK - I'm obviously an idiot and didn't wait long enough. Now I'm finding the book I was looking for. Thanks for the reality check.

Every so often I see some comment or news about an indie author and realise that I picked up a freebie ages ago. Then I want to hunt it down and get it on my Kindle shifting it up on my TBR list.

I won't tell you for whom that just happened just in case the story sucks.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote