Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #571
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I'm seeing this, too ElMiko. I don't have any help, but at least you know you're not alone
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #572
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
ElMiko/tlrowley - please give the attached version a whirl. If it works let me know and I will officially release it.

Last edited by kiwidude; 07-21-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Removed attachment as needs more work
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #573
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

If I loaded it correctly I see 1.6.3 - is that right? I restarted Calibre, after loading 1.6.3 and I'm still seeing the same behavior - ⌘-= (my shortcut, obviously) adds all the books in a series, not just the highlighted book. Anything else I can try for you?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #574
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Same as tlrowley. There continues not to be a distinct option to create a shortcut for adding a series, but assigning a shortcut for adding a book acts as if it were the command for adding a series. For the record, I am running windows vista with calibre version 0.9.39.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #575
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, sorry guys I should have tested it myself but didn't have time last night. I just tried it myself now and I see what you mean, there is something going wrong in there with identifying the shortcuts. Looking into it now...
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #576
kiwidude

v1.6.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Final fix for duplicated keyboard shortcuts between adding to a list and adding series to a list
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #577
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

That did it, kiwidude - thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #578
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Request: Queue Kindle Collections jobs if removing books from Device

Device: Kindle Keyboard

Setup: Most resent versions of calibre, Reading List Plug-in and Kindle Collections Plug-in are installed. I have set up Reading List to queue the Kindle Collections when I do a Sync Now (set the 'Kindle Collections' flag to Y on the Customize Reading List -> Devices tab).

I noticed that if I am doing a Reading List -> Sync Now, if the sync only removes books from my device the Kindle Collections jobs are not queued. If I do a Sync Now and the sync only adds books, or adds and removes books, then the Kindle Collection jobs are queued as expected.

It appears that the Kindle Collections jobs are only queued when a add happens during a sync. Would it be possible to have the Kindle Collections jobs queued if either an add or a remove is performed during the Sync Now process. This will be helpful in cleaning up empty collections on my Kindle.

Thank you.
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #579
jblacket
jblacket began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
create column

hi wondered if anybody could help
i have created a list called "read" which includes all the books in the library i have read.
Can anybody explain how i can create a colomn in the main display so that i can easily see which books i have read.

John
jblacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #580
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblacket View Post
hi wondered if anybody could help
i have created a list called "read" which includes all the books in the library i have read.
Can anybody explain how i can create a colomn in the main display so that i can easily see which books i have read.

John
Okay, I don't use the Plugin in that way but as I understand it, you first have to greate a custom column. I don't even try to explain that in detail, I leave that to others - see here. Then go to your Reading List Plugin and select the Customize plugin... option. There is a point 'Column Update Options' with 'Column to update' where you have to select your newly created custom column and choose the setting for 'When changing this list'.

Hope that helps.

MiniMouse

Edit: Okay, just tried it. I made a simple yes/no custom column (see picture), changed the settings in my Reading List Plugin to:

When changing the list - Update column for add or remove
column to update - #yes/no (read)
Value in column to add/remove - Y

BUT, after you did this, you have to add all your books on your reading list in a new list, otherwise the column will NOT update! View you reading list, select them all, add them to the new list, remove them from the old list. Done! Now you will have a nice green hook in this column for every book on you list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	custom column.png
Views:	367
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	112796  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 10-04-2013 at 06:14 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #581
Marx
Marx began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Is it possible to see only unread books in opds shared by calibre? Or maybe see it as additional category?
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #582
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Is it possible to see only unread books in opds shared by calibre? Or maybe see it as additional category?
I don't know what you mean by opds?
If you want your unread books to show as 'unread' just click your new 'read' column, it will sort your books after the once with the green hook and the books without. Select all without and select 'Edit metadata', choose 'custom metadata' and set your 'read' column on 'No' (eventually you have to click 'Apply changes' for this column too). Now you will see a red X in your 'read' column for all not read books.

I always make my read and unread changes only over this column, my reading list I use only for what I want to read next from my fanfiction.

MiniMouse

Last edited by MiniMouse; 10-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #583
Marx
Marx began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Opds - I can access my library through net via http address. I would like to see there only unread books
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #584
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Opds - I can access my library through net via http address. I would like to see there only unread books
Sorry, can't answer that. I have no clue.

MiniMouse
Old 10-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #585
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Calibre's OPDS does not support making categories out of yes/no columns. Both OPDS and the reading list plugin support columns with type text, text like tags, and text with a fixed set of values. If your column is one of these supported types then you should automatically see a category in your OPDS client for your read category and be able to ask reading list to maintain that column

You might choose to turn around the logic and make an "unread" column instead of a "read" column. If you do this and check the box "show checkmarks", then tell Reading List that the value to store is "Yes" for unread books, then in OPDS you will see a category Unread with the value Yes for all books you have marked as not read.

If your read column is a yes/no column then you will not get a category for it in most OPDS clients. You must use your OPDS client's search function, looking for #read:yes where "#read" is the lookup name for your column.

Note that calibre companion supports grouping on yes/no columns, meaning that you can directly see and use a yes/no column maintained by reading list seeing all three values (yes, no, and unset). You would need to add that column's lookup name to CC's "Make groups for custom columns" setting so that the columns appears in CC's grouping drawer.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote