Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
thunderchild
thunderchild began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Just Ordered a Kindle

I ordered my lovely Kindle yesterday, got a refurbished on for £79.99 so not a bad deal. Only gone for the wi-fi version as I can see me needing 3G.

I've also bought a disk of 11,000 books which should see me right for a bit

I have an android tablet with Kindle on it but its just too heavy to hold for a long time and the battery sucks summat rotten!

Now just for it to arrive! *paces floor impatiently!*
thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Congratulations!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
"Only gone for the wi-fi version as I can see me needing 3G.".....ha ha; this makes no sense.

Congrats on getting a Kindle.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Enjoy! It's been almost four years since I got my first Kindle, and I still read on my K3 every day.

Last edited by carld; 09-27-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: punctuation
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
A disk with 11,000 books? That sounds fishy
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
A disk with 11,000 books? That sounds fishy
yeah, i agree so i googled:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...m=290613405614
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't open it at work so I have no idea what it says. There are two possibilities, the disk contains a ton of free books that could be downloaded for free from Mobil Read and other sites or the disk contains a bunch of pirated books.

The first, well if you want to pay so that you don't have to download the books, more power to you. I bought the Mobile Reference collected works volumes for many authors. I wanted the Table of Contents and was being lazy. I get that.

The second option is less savory.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I can't open it at work so I have no idea what it says. There are two possibilities, the disk contains a ton of free books that could be downloaded for free from Mobil Read and other sites or the disk contains a bunch of pirated books.

The first, well if you want to pay so that you don't have to download the books, more power to you. I bought the Mobile Reference collected works volumes for many authors. I wanted the Table of Contents and was being lazy. I get that.

The second option is less savory.
how about this:

Quote:
This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.

o Please check that you've entered the correct item number
o Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
i went to the url i'd posted and that i'd been on not 10 minutes before and got the above.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
how about this:

i went to the url i'd posted and that i'd been on not 10 minutes before and got the above.
So what were they?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Probably pirated books
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
how about this:

heres a pdf of the ad:
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
heres a pdf of the ad:
Yep... the shady sort.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I guess I'm naive. It didn't even occur to me that it might be 11,000 pirated books. Although, looking at the ad, they could still well be public domain titles.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Only 4 pounds for 11,000 books? I wonder what percentage are public domain.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I guess I'm naive. It didn't even occur to me that it might be 11,000 pirated books. Although, looking at the ad, they could still well be public domain titles.
Gutenberg CDs and DVDs have from 600 to 29,500 books on them.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...nd_DVD_Project
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote