Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #25486
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
heh, my co-workers want me to join them in a 10mile race and I am like "uhh thats so far" - hardly compares to 100km! How long did it take you?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #25487
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
5K sounds far to me...

More power to you.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #25488
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
My fingers are bloody... at least, that's how they feel.... sort of like hamburger... no.... sausage.... no.... ah yes... Steak Tartar! But the music was worth it. I really shouldn't have not played for the few months prior to the move. I can't believe how quickly my fingers softened up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Is your wife with you now or is she still in Japan?
Right now she's in a hotel somewhere in Shanghai, China. She was supposed to be back tonight but the last leg of her flight got canceled and she has to pull an overnight. She came with me to Thailand, stayed a week, then went back to Japan to finalize some business, and should have been back tonight. I've been feathering the nest all by my self. But I guess that how it is in nature too; the male makes an attractive nest to draw in the females. I'm more of a decorator than she is anyway. She's more than content to leave the walls bare, have no decorations on shelves, etc. I'm the one who fills up the spaces with souvenirs 'I' buy when we travel. The most I can remember her buying when we are off somewhere is a T-shirt... I'm the one who looks for 'native crafts' etc.

Now, a before-bed cup of "Hot Water."

Hey, did anyone catch the intro for the new 'designer' water called '90H20' and selling for $14 a bottle. And I'm sure they will sell to a LOT of people! I will NOT be one of them. I don't need to buy the Aqua version of the Emperor's New Clothes...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #25489
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Hey, did anyone catch the intro for the new 'designer' water called '90H20' and selling for $14 a bottle. And I'm sure they will sell to a LOT of people! I will NOT be one of them. I don't need to buy the Aqua version of the Emperor's New Clothes...
Stitchawl
You've got to be kidding, right? I truly do not understand why anyone would buy. Certainly I'm with you and won't be one of them.

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea this morning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #25490
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hmm I have an RO on my sink, I wonder if can start selling bottles of water to cover the cost of a new membrane
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #25491
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #3. Then a quick trip to some stores while my wife and daughter are out.

I have no idea what I'm making for dinner.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #25492
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Inch by inch, row by row
Gonna make this garden grow
Gonna mulch it deep and low
Gonna make it fertile ground

Inch by inch, row by row
Please bless these seeds I sow
Please keep them safe below
'Till the rain comes tumbling down

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FkaN0HQgs )

Good morning, everyone! There is nothing that makes a house more of a home than some good growing greenery, bringing the outside together with the inside. Today's the day to start my green stuff growing. Really turn this place into a home!

07:15 I've already filled my mug twice with Twining's "English Breakfast" tea, and am thinking about getting dressed and going downstairs to see the food lady. I've seen the sunrise, drank some tea... now it's time fo food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You've got to be kidding, right? I truly do not understand why anyone would buy. Certainly I'm with you and won't be one of them..
God, I wish I were... I always enjoyed seeing the people in France drinking "Saratoga Springs" bottled water, then going to Saratoga Springs, and seeing the people there drinking "Evian" bottled water... People will complain about spending $3.50 for a gallon of gasoline, but gladly shell out $2 for a liter of water... and in most cases, their tap water is exactly the same as the stuff in the bottles. I have to drink bottled water in Thailand. No drinking from the tap anywhere in the Kingdom, but at least I only have to pay 50 cents for 25 liters, delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Hmm I have an RO on my sink, I wonder if can start selling bottles of water to cover the cost of a new membrane
It would work. You DO realize what "Evian" spelled backwards is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
Hi.. it's been awhile since I have been there so I really don't remember exactly where it's at or ask someone .. but you can Google it.. you may like.. VERY popular joint..
Unfortunately, "Popular" doesn't cut it when it comes to my choices of tea. McDonalds and KFC are 'popular.' And while I enjoy them both, and eat them often when I feel the urge, I need a bit more quality in my teas. I feel like I'm 'slumming' drinking the Twinings that I have until my boxes arrive. Just thinking about drinking my 'unbranded Keemun' almost has me in tears... (Pitty me, people... but I'll be strong... the boxes should be here by the end of the week. Can you see it now? A crazed Stitch tearing open 48 shipping cartons trying to find the ones with all the teas? LOL!)

Stitchawl
Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #25493
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Unfortunately, "Popular" doesn't cut it when it comes to my choices of tea. McDonalds and KFC are 'popular.' And while I enjoy them both, and eat them often when I feel the urge, I need a bit more quality in my teas. I feel like I'm 'slumming' drinking the Twinings that I have until my boxes arrive. Just thinking about drinking my 'unbranded Keemun' almost has me in tears... (Pitty me, people... but I'll be strong... the boxes should be here by the end of the week. Can you see it now? A crazed Stitch tearing open 48 shipping cartons trying to find the ones with all the teas? LOL!)

Stitchawl
Just a little incentive to get all those boxes unpacked?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #25494
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Just a little incentive to get all those boxes unpacked?
Can 'unpacked' read as 'dumped on the floor?' We have a rather large dinning room, and as yet no table nor chairs. It's going to make a lovely 'dumping ground!'

On another note, when a Thai food vendor lady tells you the dish is spicy, you'd better believe the food is SPICY... I feel as if I've been chewing barbed wire, but yet I have this really big smile on my face.

Maybe one or two more mugs of tea will help. It couldn't hurt, right?

Stitchawl
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #25495
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ah, the difference between Twinnings and "unbranded Keemun". Or my Keemun Xian Zhen. Though sadly, I've had tea in expensive hotels and restaurants where Twinnings in bags would be a huge step up.

Not much tea today, just my morning Anniversary Breakfast Blend. All the rest of the day was Diet Coke or water as I tried to stay hydrated. Hit 29, and while I realize that is NOT hot compared to many places, it's very hot for here, and we're not adapted to it. Nor do we have any sort of AC to compensate either. (Plus, with a west facing house on the side of a mountain, just off the Harbour, it's a LOT hotter than that in the afternoon sun. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #25496
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Can 'unpacked' read as 'dumped on the floor?' We have a rather large dinning room, and as yet no table nor chairs. It's going to make a lovely 'dumping ground!'

On another note, when a Thai food vendor lady tells you the dish is spicy, you'd better believe the food is SPICY... I feel as if I've been chewing barbed wire, but yet I have this really big smile on my face.

Maybe one or two more mugs of tea will help. It couldn't hurt, right?

Stitchawl
Whatever method works for you and, hopefully, does not end up with broken "treasures".
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #25497
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
Your life sounds to good to be true..is it? Where do get all of your money if I may ask..I need to know your secret..LOL...I'm jealous..
The secrete is ... Thailand! And it's no secrete. Everything is ridiculously cheap here. A really big breakfast costs me about a dollar. Lunch today cost me $1.50 (USD) and only that high because I ordered two glasses of ice tea. And dinner was $1.75 Rent on the two-bedroom condo is about $350 a month, and we don't need a car so no car payments. Thais live on less than 50% of that, and live comfortably. In comparison, we are living like Kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Whatever method works for you and, hopefully, does not end up with broken "treasures".
Just imagine a kid trying to dig something out of the bottom of his toy chest...

Opps! Gotta go pick up my wife at the airport! Yippee! Oh... before I forget... I found a place that sells Bombay Sapphire this afternoon. I didn't buy any as I was carrying a lot of stuff at the time, but I'll be back...

Stitchawl
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #25498
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Milk Oolong. Yummy
Old 07-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #25499
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea in mug #2. The edge is softening.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #25500
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Seven Sons. Packing up my tea to take home. They are making everyone take home electric devices that are not provided by the employeer. So my tea kettle goes home. I am keeping the teas that can be made at 185 and 175 and some of the blacks that I am less picky about.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?