Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I wouldn't dis the whole design for a manufacturing defect. This should be covered under warranty. Have you contacted them about a replacement?

Dale

I don't intend to contact them about a replacement. It's too complicated to ship to/from Peru and back again.

I disagree with your interpretation of my comments: I have not 'dissed' their "whole design for a manufacturing defect." The cover is bad, however, and someone needs to bring it to their attention. It's a negative, and I'm not the only one who has gotten a poorly cut cover.

Amongst the "Negatives" there are a lot of "Positives."

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-21-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I don't intend to contact them about a replacement. It's too complicated to ship to/from Peru and back again.

I disagree with your interpretation of my comments: I have not 'dissed' their "whole design for a manufacturing defect." The cover is bad, however, and someone needs to bring it to their attention. It's a negative, and I'm not the only one who has gotten a poorly cut cover.

Don
For accessories of this nature most companies don't require returning the defective part but I don't know what Astak's policy is. When I was in customer support I would send out replacements for accessories without requiring a return. I have not heard of others with poorly cut covers but I don't deny it could happen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
robertb standing by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
Dear Don:

You are a good person on this forum and someone I want to be happy!

I do not know our policy on shipping replacement covers; but I DO trust you.

If you do want a replacement and they give you a hassle... I will lend what I can in your support!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
solara
solara began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pro Reader
Sorry to tack on another question, but didn't want to start a new thread:

Is the rubber coating on the black/white Pro Reader the same as the colored ones? I recall when the initial batches had problems with the paint, that the white/blacks did not have any problems. So does the black/white plastic not have the rubberized feeling that some people are noting?
solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
solara, my black PP feels rubberized. I haven't cuddled with any of the other colours, though.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #21
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
White Pocket PRO feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by solara View Post
Sorry to tack on another question, but didn't want to start a new thread:

Is the rubber coating on the black/white Pro Reader the same as the colored ones? I recall when the initial batches had problems with the paint, that the white/blacks did not have any problems. So does the black/white plastic not have the rubberized feeling that some people are noting?
Dear solara:

It is hard to answer subjective questions adequately. I pulled out my white Pocket PRO and I look at it this way: With little pressure on my finger on the paint... I can feel no sliding. It kinda grips my finger... so I guess we could call that rubberized. Another way to put it is that you can hold it between thumb abd forefinger right at the corner and shake your hand and it does not slide out. I think what you really want to know is if it is the least bit slippery. The answer is NO in my personal opinion. It just feels like it was born to fit my hand... how else can I say it?

But, I work for Astak... so I may be biased. The problem with the paint was not about the paint itself I think. The factory says the vendor used the same type of paint. The problem was setting of the paint and interaction with the case while it was fresh. All cases from Astak now have a liner!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote