Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
How do you downgrade Calibre?

I just installed 7.16, and now can't add books via the "Add" button. Should I uninstall 7.16 first or just install 7.15 over 7.16. Thanks.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you need to uninstall first
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
I just downgraded all the way to one of the 6.x series--probably shouldn't have gone back that far.

On 7.16, first book i tried to convert from html (always to .mobi for Kindle): "spine is empty." Checked the file, it was okay. Then found out that every book I tried, meaning ones that converted successfully before, gave the same error message. I tried to reinstall 7.16 using the "repair installation" option. No dice. Nothing will convert to .mobi, and it's not because the files are bad. All my source files are html, my format of choice is always mobi. I've used Calibre for many months with never a problem, so I'm sure this is just a freak thing.

I will try again to install the most recent Calibre when I have more time. No reason this should be happening. If I have no success I'll fill out a ticket.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
I rebooted the computer, and everything is working just fine. My Win7 64 Toshiba laptop is so stable that I probably haven't rebooted in weeks (and that's usually because Microsoft requires it after installing some updates).

As an added bonus, it looks like the ebook viewer is WICKED FAST now, compared to before. Good work, people!
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Well, I completely uninstalled Calibre, reinstalled the newest version, and still I can't convert an html, even the simplest one I can create, without getting the "spine is empty" error. However, I can get around it by saving my html as an .rtf or first putting it through mobipocket creator. But why should I have to do that? Guess, I'll be making a ticket...
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
What about downgrading calibre using linux. I installed 7.3.2 and it stopped seeing my Kindle 3 I want to go back to 7.3.1, how do I do that....
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckoff View Post
What about downgrading calibre using linux. I installed 7.3.2 and it stopped seeing my Kindle 3 I want to go back to 7.3.1, how do I do that....
The 0.7.32 error has been fixed and a new 0.7.32 binary was uploaded. You might have to remove calibre then reinstall. But you can try to just reinstall using the binary install here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, thanx for the quick fix. I believe it is ok, I am installing right now.
I dont see a reason to downgrade now.
Thank you for your good and always consistent work with calibre!!!
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote