Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
FrankNBeans
FrankNBeans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Updating Issue on Ubuntu

I've been running Calibre on Ubuntu for probably about 8 months now. I was having no problems updating to the latest version until recently. I was installing the normal distro up until 0.5.11 at which time I decided to compile myself because I wanted to get CBZ files to convert on to my reader. Anyways after a while I finally got it to compile correctly. Now I'm able to download the most recent version and compile without error but it doesn't seem to update the version. It always still shows I'm on version .0.5.11 and not the current version. Do I need to some how uninstall the complied version first? Also if I install the main distro it also still shows 0.5.11 afterward. I'm not sure what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
FrankNBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what does

cat /usr/bin/calibre

give you
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
FrankNBeans

I get the following

#!/bin/sh
export CALIBRE_CX_EXE=calibre
path=`readlink -e $0`
base=`dirname $path`
loader=$base/loader
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$base:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$loader "$@"

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the launcher for the binary version not the install from source. Did you run

sudo python setup.py develop
or
sudo python setup.py install

in the source tree?
Old 06-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
FrankNBeans

I ran sudo python setup.py install

I ran these commands you had posted in the terminal.

wget -O- http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downlo...-0.5.14.tar.gz | tar xvz
cd calibre*
python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py install
sudo calibre_postinstall

Thanks again for your help.
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Run sudo python setup.py install separately and post the output
Old 06-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
FrankNBeans

Thanks for your help I figured out the problem. I don't know why I didn't notice it before.

Thanks