Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Much better - thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #62
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think I've ever actually bought a USB wall charger. I've just accumulated them as they've come with devices.
We've bought a few. Mostly the ones with multiple USB ports. I've only bought one charger (car charger actually) that had only a single cord attached and that was for my PRS650. It simply wouldn't work with any other charger we had.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #63
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
One thing to watch for guys is the total wattage capability of the charger with multiple ports.

I have run into some that say 2 ports and 2.1 amps and it turned out to be
1 a 2.1 amp port plus
2. a 1.1 amp port

or basically 5 volts times (2.1 + 1.1 ) amps = 16 watts.

A 2 port charger at 2.4 amp capability each port will be rated at least 24 watts.

There are now extra doodads on charger specifications like "SmartID, " "iSmart" and Qualcomm's high speed perk to detect the capability of the device being charged and International plugin capability for 120 and 240 etc.

Of course over-voltage, under-voltage and overheating must be safeguarded against.

Other needs are the Apple requirements for their devices to work with the charger.

Here is a blurb for a international travel unit:

The EZOPower International 4-Port USB Travel Charger Adapter with 4 Wall Outlet Type Adapters - 4.8A total, Up to 2.4A output per port. Get fully accessible fast USB charging for multiple electronic devices worldwide.
GLOBAL OUTLET ADAPTERS: EU Type C / E / F, AU Type I, UK Type G, US Type A. Used in over 150 countries / 80% the world. Usable in most of Switzerland, England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, United States, Australia, Norway, Finland, Canada & more.
SAFE & RELIABLE CHARGING: Built-in overvoltage, overcurrent, short circuit smart chip protection to ensure they phone will not over charge and stay protected. Input Voltage: AC100-240V - Please note, this is not a power converter - use with AC outlets and devices only.

CHARGER at Amazon

Note that THE ABOVE doesn't give enough info to tell us the total capability.
It seems to say above it has a total of 4.8 AMP total. In the comments below the ad it mentions 10 Amp total which is good. i.e. 4 x 2.4=9.6 Amps. (or 48 Watts)

Last edited by frahse; 08-15-2017 at 08:45 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #64
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
One thing to watch for guys is the total wattage capability of the charger with multiple ports.

I have run into some that say 2 ports and 2.1 amps and it turned out to be
1 a 2.1 amp port plus
2. a 1.1 amp port

or basically 5 volts times (2.1 + 1.1 ) amps = 16 watts.

A 2 port charger at 2.4 amp capability each port will be rated at least 24 watts.
Yes, that's a problem we noticed too, when we wanted to buy a charger with 3ports. Plenty of those around, but only one will give 2.1 or 2.4A

Quote:
CHARGER at Amazon

Note that THE ABOVE doesn't give enough info to tell us the total capability.
It seems to say above it has a total of 4.8 AMP total. In the comments below the ad it mentions 10 Amp total which is good. i.e. 4 x 2.4=9.6 Amps. (or 48 Watts)
Yet, the title says it's only 24W...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not meant for taking on vacation. It's meant for home use. The following would be good for taking on vacation. Plus, the USB ports are 2.4A.

Attachment 158442

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mult...dp/B00OE43UXM/
I got one of these at home:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allocacoc-P...HDWRPN6NVFX7P7

and I think I'll get an extension to it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allocacoc-P...F2R785VV02PP48

Last edited by Sweetpea; 08-15-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'm slightly curious why you want UK power sockets - do you buy things with UK plugs on them?
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #66
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm slightly curious why you want UK power sockets - do you buy things with UK plugs on them?
because the amazon.co.uk site doesn't show our sockets Naturally, I have the version that works for my plugs...
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
because the amazon.co.uk site doesn't show our sockets Naturally, I have the version that works for my plugs...
Aha! That would explain it .
Old 08-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #68
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
I have the usual box of chargers/wall warts that came with my devices but when I went to Victoria last spring I picked up an Orico OPC-4A4U unit. It has four power outlets and four 2.4A USB ports. Both the power outlets and the USB sockets are on the top of the unit. It was really handy with three computers plugged into it while charging assorted tablets and music players.

Of course, my unit had North American plugs and sockets but I would think that it is available with the suitable plugs elsewhere. Especially since it is rated 100-220VAC. The list price is $25(Canadian) but it usually sells for about $17. I found the unit worked well.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #69
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I found my 6 port Xtreme today.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote