Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #271
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
I have a suspicion that invocation of sh -c "ls|wc &" will work as well as execution of temporary script with ls|wc &
Both should create a new instance of the shell in a new process.

And if ASH has "job control" features, you might try diddling with those.
I **think** that if "job control" is off - then the new process will be created as a process-group leader rather than as a child.
**think**
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #272
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay. I will have a prod at the various permutations then. If no one else does first.

0.3.0 is just around the corner then.
  • Fixed up indirection.
  • Silent script Update.
  • Evolved Logo.
  • Docs Bump.
  • Pagination now "rolls-around"
Thanks to all.

And I should mention the new support for the Launcher by Librerator.
Will be updating the docs. Big thanks to Kai711

In other news:
Am thinking of starting a wiki page for Extensions like:
"EXTENSION x SUPPORTS DEVICES y z FW REVISIONS 1 2 3"
if anyone knows of such a thing (a nice simple to read graph) then point me at it. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleLauncher-HIRES.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	100496   Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleLauncher.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	100497  

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 07:23 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #273
wakawakawaka
wakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beauty

one more time - I'm on a DXG, running 3.2.1 - so far everything in the write-up has gone swimmingly, however I see no launcher in my documents homepage on the Kindle... I put 1.0 over on it, should I have gone for 2.0 since I'm running 3.2.1? What are the chances things break if I do?
wakawakawaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #274
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am guessing you need to update the index. (You transferred it on there via some means other than OTG USB then?)

dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1

or just toggle usb mode or something

KindleLauncher-1.0 is the correct launcher - I will update the docs that the older devices don't "display it immediately".

running 3.2.1 will not matter. Does the DX even support kindlets? glerk I dont know hehehe!!!! nah - of course it does. *goes to check his dx*

Just update the index. I just pushed it onto mine.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #275
wakawakawaka
wakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hmmm, restarted a few times, turned on usbnet (having to do this through the usbnet/auto file for some reason I forget now) - logged in via telnet, sent the dbus command, saw a refresh, don't see a launcher...HMM? Just turned off usbnet will restart, maybe then?
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #276
twobob

that doesnt sound right... you didnt copy the .gpg by mistake???

Check the file.

I just put on onto my DX. Via usb - uplugged it. there it is.?

See top post for fix

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #277
wakawakawaka

Still nada - perhaps there's something funky with this filesystem/OTA version and the DXG? I do see a couple of com.lab126.hal and com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for wakeUp, usbPlugIn, etc. messages in the console output
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #278
wakawakawaka

sorry - just saw your post, lemme try that one sec
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #279
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawakawaka View Post
Still nada - perhaps there's something funky with this filesystem/OTA version and the DXG? I do see a couple of com.lab126.hal and com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for wakeUp, usbPlugIn, etc. messages in the console output
You did un-compress those first, didn't you?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #280
twobob

Quote:
perhaps there's something funky with this filesystem/OTA version and the DXG? I do see a couple of com.lab126.hal and com.lab126.powerd failed to set value for wakeUp, usbPlugIn, etc. messages in the console output

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...21&postcount=7

yes there is...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...74&postcount=8

looks like a better solution... as in post 9 he said it worked

Looks like you have some fiddling/flashing to do !

Thanks for testing the pre-requsites. I will add notes about 3.2.1 DX's being funky.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #281
wakawakawaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You did un-compress those first, didn't you?
A hahaha, lolwut? This is why I asked questions in my thread :-)

OK...after running deviceHack I was able to see the launcher, however I get an error blah blah unregistered device test whatever. Presumably I need to rerun the registration?

Going to have to source a copy of DeviceServices from 2.5.8 before I make the hack permanent. Any pointers?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #282
twobob

unregistered device test whatever. sounds like the dev certs thingy.

I'm not sure on the other thing... I looked BRIEFLY at the DX conversion but didn't like the risks.

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #283
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawakawaka View Post
OK...after running deviceHack I was able to see the launcher, however I get an error blah blah unregistered device test whatever. Presumably I need to rerun the registration?
Nope. This message means that you have to install the developer certificates.

Unless I'm totally wrong, there should also be an update package for your device, so install it and try again.

(The DX devices are somewhat different from the rest, so maybe you already did that and are still getting the error. If that is the case, well... I didn't say anything, and will shut up.)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #284
twobob

Tested and working 100% on my DX now mate
Old 02-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #285
wakawakawaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Tested and working 100% on my DX now mate
2.5.8?

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified