Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
no is the short answer. baf has been playing but has only published a few bits.

we don't have a gnash build either AFAIK. so in terms of practical use: think "Zero" leaning toward "Possibly some, one day"
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #32
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
Question, have any of those screenshots been compiled into launcher format yet?
Hi!
No launcher package yet. I need some more time.
Gnash plugin works with all the browsers including built-in one. It works ok with simple flash projects but chokes on more complex (one of the main reasons are limited system resources). I will have to rebuild it yet with ffmpeg support, but it needs patching, as gnash is not compatible with new ffmpeg libs. Sound doesn't work also. Maybe it can be adjusted in configuration. Didn't have time to check it.

Edit: Thanks eureka for setting me on right path

Edit: SkipStone package ready

Last edited by baf; 10-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #33
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
No launcher package yet.
As of then, that was true.
As of now it's not.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #34
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Very interesting browser dwb. He works through the WebKit 3.0, it has very many settings, it is very easy and intuitive setup menu, there are scroll bars, comfortable and functional bookmarks menu, you can open new pages in new tabs. However, there are drawbacks: WebKit on debian is unstable! Because of this it is impossible to open the complex structure sites.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #35
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would just point out that you already have a stable build of the webkit libs for the kindle. they are on the device

perhaps try building/running it against that

Requirements:
Quote:
libsoup >= 2.32
webkitgtk >= 1.8.0
gtk+-2.0 or gtk+-3.0
I did grab down a copy and give it a quick drive(build) but ended up with

Quote:
cc dwbem.c
dwbem.c: In function ‘main’:
dwbem.c:1082:5: warning: missing initialiser [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
dwbem.c:1082:5: warning: (near initialization for ‘options[17].short_name’) [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
cc dwbem
and dug no further.

I also posted on the irc channel.

Quote:
* Now talking on #dwb
* Topic for #dwb is: dwb - a webkit browser | https://portix.bitbucket.org/dwb/
* Topic for #dwb set by porti!~stefan@d139097.adsl.hansenet.de at Mon Jan 16 13:49:09 2012
-ChanServ- [#dwb] dwb - a webkit web browser | http://portix.bitbucket.org/dwb/
* #dwb :http://portix.bitbucket.org/dwb/
<twobob> hey there... I am attempting to cross compile this for a kindle.
<twobob> So to get the ball rolling I thought I would just check the pc build ran through okay. I am no expert at these things.
<twobob> however I end up with dwbem.c:1082:5: warning: (near initialization for ‘options[17].short_name’) [-Wmissing-field-initializers] wondered if this was a well known issue is all. Many thanks for any insight someone may glean
but as yet have received no response. perhaps I will revist one day. thanks for the hookup.

Last edited by twobob; 12-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #36
twobob

okay - update.

porti ( a very kind person) has fixed the HG issue and posted it upstream

me@dev ~/GIT/dwb $ make
Quote:
Build options:
CC = cc
CFLAGS = -Wall -Werror=format-security -pipe -pthread -I/usr/include/libsoup-2.4 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/webkitgtk-1.0 --ansi -std=c99 -D_POSIX_SOURCE -O2 -g -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_NETBSD_SOURCE -DWITH_LIBSOUP_2_38=1 -DHAS_EXECINFO
LDFLAGS = -lwebkitgtk-1.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lsoup-2.4 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -ljavascriptcoregtk-1.0 -lglib-2.0 -lpthread
CPPFLAGS =
cc application.c
cc dwb
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cc dwbem.c
cc dwbem
so now it makes cleanly - next up try cross compile