Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
pamay
pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Amazon Lending Library

Has anyone used the Amazon Lending Library? and is it worth the annual payment of $80 ?
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamay View Post
Has anyone used the Amazon Lending Library? and is it worth the annual payment of $80 ?
The lending library is really more just an added benefit to having a Prime membership as you can only borrow one book per month.

FWIW I see you're in Australia, I'm not sure that Prime would be available to you as I think it's US only (I think Amazon UK has their own UK version). I know the shipping and video are US only.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
pamay
pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Thanks for the info - love your cats
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FWIW I see you're in Australia, I'm not sure that Prime would be available to you as I think it's US only (I think Amazon UK has their own UK version). I know the shipping and video are US only.
No, no lending in the UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My wife only reads borrowed books from the Amazon Lending Library. One can read expensive books FREE that way. It is limited to one per month and no limits how long one can take to read them.

I'm suprised they are not available in the UK or Oz.

In addition Amazon Prime has no minimum order quantity for free 2 day shipping, I usually order some item every couple of days and don't have to accumulate them in a single order to get the free shipping. Returns on Amazon Prime also are efficient with no questions asked and Amazon providing the shipping label via email.

I've stopped purchasing any items not covered by Amazon Prime. Other vendors have all kinds of problems in quality and returns.

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-03-2012 at 11:41 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

I've stopped purchasing any items not covered by Amazon Prime. Other vendors have all kinds of problems in quality and returns.
Same here
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, no lending in the UK.
Sorry, I meant the UK had their own version of Prime, no that they had lending (or VOD).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sorry, I meant the UK had their own version of Prime, no that they had lending (or VOD).
Yes, that's true. The UK does have its own version of Prime (free next-day delivery). Although Prime doesn't offer VOD, Amazon own a British company called "Lovefilm.com", which does offer VOD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote