Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #1126
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hello Booxtor,

I've bought a new ONYX M92 with an EBAY reseller, as they take care of customs and shipping too. Thanks for all the advice, I'm thinking of sending ER Store my faulty device by the new year. Anyway, back in action. Very very glad to be part of M92 community again!

RENUSHAN
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #1127
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Does someone know if the peterx app is working on any of the new versions of the firmware?

Has somebody noticed if vertical and horizontal lines (scribbles) are now merged with the PDF, when using the "merge" command in the Annotation menu?

Thx a lot in advance for any information on these issues.
Did you see my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfr1lHAtl4A ?
As you can see I am not able to reproduce your problem.
If you want you can send your device to us for maintenance. If there is something wrong with your digitizer we could repair it.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #1128
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Speak! Speak! Speak!
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #1129
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Did you see my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfr1lHAtl4A ?
As you can see I am not able to reproduce your problem.
If you want you can send your device to us for maintenance. If there is something wrong with your digitizer we could repair it.
Thx for the reply Booxtor,

To reproduce the issue you have to draw a perfect straight vertical or horizontal line. This is not very easy to do on purpose since one's hand always trembling a bit. This line would then not be merged in the new pdf created after pressing "merge".

While scribbling quite often some parts of the letters come out as straight lines and are thus not merged with the pdf, this is the problem.

I've prepared a test file for you:

in the rar you will find a pdf and the metadata. If you open it on your M92 you should see the lines i've drawn. Try merging these to the PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: rar test.rar (9.5 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by por; 12-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #1130
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Has somebody noticed if vertical and horizontal lines (scribbles) are now merged with the PDF, when using the "merge" command in the Annotation menu?

Thx a lot in advance for any information on these issues.
I can confirm this issue, i have the very same problem. It happens only with perfectly horizontal or vertical lines.
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #1131
dadaniel
dadaniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
I noticed that is is not possible to show current "Glyph Embolden" setting. Level 0 is always marked although other Level is currently set.

I'm using FW 1.8.1 20121113
dadaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #1132
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDesBois View Post
I can confirm this issue, i have the very same problem. It happens only with perfectly horizontal or vertical lines.
Thank you for sharing this with us RobinDesBois. I'm glad someone else has noticed that. I think that this bug is a very important one since it prevents the reliable exporting of notes taken on the M92. As i mentioned earlier quite often parts of letters are missing after the merging since they were recorded as perfect straight lines by the device (example: the vertical bar in the letter "t" is almost always recorded as a straight line by the device as is then missing after the merging).

Peterx's scribbling app does not have this problem but it seems not to work on the firmwares 18 and up.

Last edited by por; 12-16-2012 at 05:09 AM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #1133
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
The problem with vertical and horizontal lines has been there for a long time. I still consider it one of the most serious draw-backs of the device (the other big draw-back being that it cannot automatically sync with dropbox...).
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #1134
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

It is indeed annoying this problem with horizontal/vertical lines. It is not unusual, as one should think, to have several perfect drawn lines, specially when you do short lines, like at letters "t", "i", "l", "q" etc, and some symbols like + ou -. It can complete destroy an annotation.

By the way, should i report another bug. At new pdf reader, try to hit Music option at menu. Nothing happens. FW is 1.8 20121113 with 12.12.12 patch. Don't have ideia when this bug was introduced.
Not a serious issue for me as i almost never listen to music at m92.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #1135
3bookReader
3bookReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle PPW
Is this a bug?

Now when i remove sd card for data tranfer, as i reinsert SD card to device, i alway have to restart my boox for SD card recognized. Is this a BUG or cause my device?

**SUBCRIBE: HTML reader and web browser need refresh page as scrolling!
3bookReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #1136
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
If you open the "main menu" (e.g. if you press the "Home" / "Menu" hardware button), you can notice a special entry down there ... "Safely Remove SD" (in the bottom line with icons, between "Screen Rotation" and "Music", "Standby", "Shutdown").
I believe, you MUST use this feature if you want to remove the SD card when the device is running (no need to do it when the device is "off", of course).
Moreover, I believe that, if you do NOT use this feature, it may lead to "file system corruption" of your SD card (again, this will not happen if you manipulate your SD card when the device is "off", of course).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #1137
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bookReader View Post
Now when i remove sd card for data tranfer, as i reinsert SD card to device, i alway have to restart my boox for SD card recognized. Is this a BUG or cause my device?
I do not have this problem. I may insert and remove the SD card freely. The card gets recognized few seconds after insertion. No need for device restart.

The problem might be in the card. Try also different one or more...

But you should not remove SD card if you have a document opened (you read the document) on the card. The document reader should be closed before card removal in this case.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #1138
RobinDesBois

Minor Bug Report

I found another bug, someone please try to reproduce it.

Only with new pdf reader: Set screen refresh to every 9 pages. It will behave like never refreshing. I tried all other screen refresh setting and it work fine.

FW is 1.8 20121113 with 12.12.12 patch. Don't have ideia when this bug was introduced.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #1139
danya2
danya2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60, Onyx Boox M92
Patch 12.12.12 first impressions

@ RobinDesBois:

I can confirm that setting for the screen refresh every 9 pages not working properly, in my case with this setting new Pdf Reader performs a refresh every 3 pages. The other options work well.
----------------------

Firmware: 1.8 20121113
Patch: 12:12:12

I can confirm that new fix seems to work well for me!
Now wait new firmware to see other fixes and improvements
I'm pretty pleased with how new Pdf Reader works, I'm hoping for an improvement in dictionary lookup, highlighter and note's index and perhaps an increase in overall speed, or at least when changing page when there are many annotations in the document ... if possible.

New small Issue ?!:
I noticed that the manual refresh with the icon on the tool bar has a better result of automatic refresh managed by the device (screen update settings), the text is more readable with the darkest black.

A simple request but not very important:
It would be nice if you could choose to display the titles of files instead of document metadata in the "Recent Reading" window

A big thank you to Booxtor and the whole team of Onyx developers!
danya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #1140
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by danya2 View Post
@ RobinDesBois:

A simple request but not very important:
It would be nice if you could choose to display the titles of files instead of document metadata in the "Recent Reading" window
Interesting request +1
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote