Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
When does Amazon start paying?

I don't know, this might have been talked about elsewhere. I was just curious about when Amazon sends out royalty checks? I mean, Smashwords was really prompt ($23!!! Whoohoo!) but Amazon hasn't given me anything and I have more money on there.

I'm not going all money crazy or anything, I'm just really curious. And their Reports page is kind of confusing to read too.

The Prior-Six-Weeks Royalties page keeps changing with the dates, so it makes it hard to tell exactly how much money is there, so I'm just confused about when exactly they send out a check. I mean, their page says at $100 for a check. So do they pay exactly when you get $100 or do they make quarterly payments like Smashwords?
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
I haven't published at Amazon myself, but going from the information given at the Getting Paid page it depends if you want to be paid by cheque or electronic funds transfer. If you'd like a cheque, you only get paid if you've earned $100, with EFT it's only $10.

And the "approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales occur" means that since your books were published in June the earliest possible time for payment would be when August is over, and that only if your sales in June alone brought you over the payout threshold.

I wouldn't think they'd pay out whenever the $100 are reached, but rather check once monthly if an author has passed that threshold, and if not, whatever they earned so far rolls over to the next month. Imagine what'd happen with the really successful self-published authors who sell thousands of books a month; they'd get a cheque every few days.

Last edited by Anke Wehner; 08-12-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: fixing link
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
And the "approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales occur" means that since your books were published in June the earliest possible time for payment would be when August is over, and that only if your sales in June alone brought you over the payout threshold.
Okay, thanks!

I should probably hook an account to my Amazon stuff, but I'm trying to keep everything all segregated. If I got a Rush card, could I hook that to it? I mean, you're supposed to be able to use a Rush card in place of a checking account for Paypal and they give a routing number for that purpose... Hm, that would be kinda cool, amirite?
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote