Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Irex DR800 takes an hour to "index" 20 books

Is there something wrong with my Irex DR800 S?
I send books to it, for example 20 books via Calibre.
I eject it.
It then displays a message "Indexing Files Please wait".... for 30 minutes so far. What is this "indexing files and how long is a normal duration per book?

What happens if I reboot while it is doing this?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
in settings, I have turned "Automatic Thumbnail generation" off and indexing time seems to be reasonable

furthermore you should try Iņigo's latest version of the DR800+ "operating system" which is specifically designed to improve the indexing speed with thumbnails (besides many other improvements already incorporated in the previous versions)
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Is there something wrong with my Irex DR800 S?
I send books to it, for example 20 books via Calibre.
I eject it.
It then displays a message "Indexing Files Please wait".... for 30 minutes so far. What is this "indexing files and how long is a normal duration per book?

What happens if I reboot while it is doing this?
Indexing is the process by which DR analyzes new books getting their data.
First it creates a list with new, deleted or changed books, then updates global.db database with the new information and, if the proper setting is on, adds the thumbnails.
To get metadata and thumbnails the indexer opens the book with the viewer (UDS) so it is slow.

Rebooting during indexing wouldn't crash the database, as it uses transactions, but it is not a good idea either.

30 minutes for 20 books is too much. In fact 3 minutes is much for 20 books.
Note that we have discovered some bugs that make UDS crash while indexing many books. Perhaps you've hit one of them.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
... latest version of the DR800+ "operating system" which is specifically designed to improve the indexing speed with thumbnails ...
well, not the indexing, browsing is accelerated ;-)
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote