Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #31
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
The biggest hurdle is to get a working Google ID on the IQ. Afterward, it is to find the right variables to make the Market work.

I am sure it would be feasible to do so.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #32
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
What happens is that the white screen loads, blinks and the IQ stays stuck on it, while doing 2 clicking sounds every few seconds. It must be some modification that's causing it to be stuck.
Not necessarily.
Mine died that way spontaneously.
*Before* this thread got started, fortunately. At least I don't have to swear on a stack of bibles that I wasn't messing in the dark places. (Gulp!) I had just finished copying some books from Feedbooks is all.

It was working fine, I shut it down, and when I next powered up it stayed stuck at the welcome screen. It wouldn't even reload the firmware off the SD card.
(I didn't think about unplugging the battery, though...)

So there's no telling if the software is hosed or the hardware is glitching.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #33
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

It is not hosed. I am able to access the device on ADB so it would be possible to flash the factory firmware back and reboot.

It is just a process that is hanging up. Did you modify anything before closing it? install any apps?

I think it might be because I replaced a few files from the nc_gapps.zip that they used on the NookColor (that is using Android 2.1 based on Linux kernel 2.6.29) and we are using 2.0. Replacing Libs is not a good idea.

But hey...that is how you learn.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #34
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Did you modify anything before closing it? install any apps?
Not a thing.
I was done testing and had set it up for the final "production" config.
Last app install was two days before.

Pocketbook has superb CS so I should be back in business in a couple days.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #35
syoggy
syoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, NookColor, and Pocketbook IQ
Awesome find. I just rooted my phone the other day... and this was much easier. Thanks so much for all the time and effort.

Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by syoggy View Post
Awesome find. I just rooted my phone the other day... and this was much easier. Thanks so much for all the time and effort.

Steve
Ah, by the way, it seems that our russian brothers from ebook.org have found a way to install apps on the internal card.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #37
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Ah, by the way, it seems that our russian brothers from ebook.org have found a way to install apps on the internal card.
Link ? Pretty Please !!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #38
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Link ? Pretty Please !!!
Fork told me about it. Oviously, he's fluent in Russian. I will ask him. Basically they create a Linux partition where they install the apps on, if I got that right.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Link ? Pretty Please !!!
I guess this is the link...

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...0#entry5979533

You will see the way how to apply app2sd to Pocketbook IQ.
In my case, I could not follow his way for my lack of knowledge and the language barrier.

Can anybody make it easier and understandable for people like me?

Last edited by katzki; 12-20-2010 at 09:42 AM.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #40
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post

In my case, I could not follow his way for my lack of knowledge and the language barrier.

Thanks for the link. It is very interesting indeed.

First question: do you know how to setup ADB?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #41
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Thanks for the link. It is very interesting indeed.

First question: do you know how to setup ADB?
use the nook usb driver from the topic I mentioned earlier and install the android SDK. after that you can use the ADB if you set the usb debug mode on.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #42
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post

You could use google translate . I've been ill the last few days but going to try it soon.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #43
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
You could use google translate . I've been ill the last few days but going to try it soon.
Same here... now that I got my IQ back to normal...
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #44
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Same here... now that I got my IQ back to normal...
Out of interest, how did you get your IQ back? Last I heard, it was clicking.

You are much braver than I am.

Cheers.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #45
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If you root your IQ, remove the reading app/widget and then do a factory restore, the widget does not show up again.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote