Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 03:43 AM   #1
nemu
nemu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Mass Removal of JPEG while keeping PNG?

How to remove all JPG but keep PNG of a EPUB? Maybe there is a way to access the EBUP folder to mass delete the JPG files?

Additional Info
- I am able to manually remove the JPG, I just would like to do it faster.
- File is an DRM-free EPUB
- I am using calibre 3.6 on OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- The PNG contain useful diagramms while the JPG contain additional fotos, which I don’t need and just use a lot of space. I am already using caliber’s image compression feature.

I haven’t found this specific topic in the documentation nor in previous posts, but if I have missed it please link to it. Thank you for the mobileread and Calibe communities. They add a lot of value to my life.
nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the unpack book tool in calibre which will give you a folder on your filesystem witht he files from the epub. Use whtever tools you want to delete the jpegs, then rebuild.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
nemu
nemu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up It worked! Details bewlow

Thanks Kovid, it worked!

Below the detailed how to for my self and others in the future:
1. Optional: Move all images into one folder
Edit Book => Tools - Arrange into folders

2. Press "U" to start unpack tool
Explode book, go into "images", sort by kind, deleted unwanted files, Rebuild book
nemu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edit book, image, jpeg, picture, question