Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Removing all tags

I would like to start over with tagging of my library. It is out of control. 1. How can I remove all tags from my books without changing any other metadata?
2. Can I choose one source (and which would you recommend) for downloading of tags?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
I would like to start over with tagging of my library. It is out of control. 1. How can I remove all tags from my books without changing any other metadata?
2. Can I choose one source (and which would you recommend) for downloading of tags?
At the bottom of the Tag Browser: Alter tag Browser (pull down) Manage: Tags

Rather than just blow them away, You can:
Rename some to match other existing (consolidate) Tags. (they will merge)

Delete (the ones that are just BS )
Correct a tag:

The way it works (there are no duplicates created)
If the destination tag already exists in the book. the old is just removed
If the OLD was renamed, the book tag gets renamed
Delete removes the tag from all books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
harpangel36
Connoisseur

What is the cleanest way to download tags? I read somewhere that there was a way to download from one site, like goodreads?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
What is the cleanest way to download tags? I read somewhere that there was a way to download from one site, like goodreads?
I guess that is best.
Publishers bloat tags (legacy of paper card catalogs )

Get the good reads Plugin, then you can further map tags into your idea of tagging
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
harpangel36
Connoisseur

Thank you, I have the goodreads plug-in. When I select download tags from shelves, I get the message "No books required tags updating." I have no tags on any of my books at the current time. Is there a setting in Calibre I need to change? Is this the correct thread to be asking on?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Thank you, I have the goodreads plug-in. When I select download tags from shelves, I get the message "No books required tags updating." I have no tags on any of my books at the current time. Is there a setting in Calibre I need to change? Is this the correct thread to be asking on?
It sounds like you are using the Goodreads Sync plugin. This can download the Goodreads shelves you have put your books on. Either as tags, or in a costum column.

What I think theducks meant was the Goodreads metadata sourcee plugin. It will download the most popular shelves for a book as tags. You can customise how the Goodreads shelves are mapped to tags by configuring the plugin.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote