Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge_mm View Post
I followed all of your instructions, no way. Now the bookname instruction in the ifo file is
bookname=English explanatory dictionary (main)
however nothing happens. It seems the reader does not see the Dicts folder; the original chinese english dictionary is still there, alone.
don't panic
I am sure your problem could be easelly solved. Can you contact our shop on Monday? I will try to help you step-by-step..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #17
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Reading here some posts and thoughts I have made some suggestions for new functionality in M92 on Onyx engineers and got some answers(in blue):

1. Multitasking - means opening more than one
ebook/application/browser and quick switching between them --- We plan to do it, but need some time.

2. Chronology for each book – means saving and showing of last (let
say 10 or another configurable value) opened pages in a book. So a
reader can easily go for example to a register/addendum and back to
the last read page (show taskbar let say by long holding the OK
button) --- It can be made soon.

3. Browser does not support https. It is a problem that should be
solved very soon. Very important by buying ebooks from internet. --- It can be made soon.

4. Export of notes from a book in a txt file. --- It can be made soon.

5. Showing short information about taken notes in the table of
contents of a book --- It can be made soon.

6. Hand controlled touch screens and colour E-Ink screens in 9”? --- We going to launch 9.7" E-ink infared touch, which the cost will be more competitive than color E-ink.

So now it is public and I hope that some of asked functionality will be available in the next firmware versions very soon

Do you, guys, have some additional suggestions?

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-10-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Do you guys have some additonal suggestions?
I can't help but being a little provocative here: when do they change their OS?
What OS will the Color-Reader come with?

When will the truth finally trickle through that all these incremental improvements will never even come close to what is needed, and that Android has already available?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Do you guys have some additonal suggestions?
Calibration of the pen input. This setting doesn't works (neither in 1.6 nor 1.7 firmware) and for me the pen is about 3mm off at some parts of the screen.

Perhaps one more thing, but it might be difficult, and nobody else complained about it so far: compared to other readers (sony prs350 and kindle4) the characters on the screen are somewhat blurred (even if I use the same ttf font). So, if possible, improve (ttf?) font rendering.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Calibration of the pen input. This setting doesn't works (neither in 1.6 nor 1.7 firmware) and for me the pen is about 3mm off at some parts of the screen.
That is also very important for me, you cannot use the scribble application without proper calibration. On my reader, the center is properly set, but the virtual pen is 4-5 pixels outwards at the edges. Perhaps this is also a simple problem in the scribble application having to do with borders.

Thanks for staying in contact with onyx, Booxtor!
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #21
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
4. Export of notes from a book in a txt file. --- It can be made soon.
Would that include highlights?
Quote:

6. Hand controlled touch screens and colour E-Ink screens in 9”? --- We going to launch 9.7" E-ink infared touch, which the cost will be more competitive than color E-ink.
I am not sure if I am not missing something here...isn't M92 touch screen?
What is the time frame for releasing this new color e-Ink Onyx ereader?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Any timeframes for that?

As for a suggestion, that nifty trick Pocketbook does, quick recalling of previously saved pages from a book would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
isn't M92 touch screen
It's Wacom, not infra red.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Any timeframes for that?

It's Wacom, not infra red.
Now I do realize the difference.
Have you seen any wacom based with infrared? Wacom sounds like a better long term strategy. I already own a Asus eee Note and I can tell that it is worth having the Wacom technology.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
What OS will the Color-Reader come with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Would that include highlights?

I am not sure if I am not missing something here...isn't M92 touch screen?
What is the time frame for releasing this new color e-Ink Onyx ereader?
As I understood, they want to implement an infared touch b/w display, rather than color display.

Last edited by Backi; 01-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backi View Post
As I understood, they want to implement an infared touch b/w display, rather than color display.
You are correct too, It seems that I completely misread his message.
Too bad they are not planning to go colour.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
Theunis
Theunis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox m92
Yes, I have a further wish: making (scribble) annotations in Epub and Word documents, instead only in PDF as it is till now.
Theunis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunis View Post
Yes, I have a further wish: making (scribble) annotations in Epub and Word documents, instead only in PDF as it is till now.
You can convert Epub and Word doc in PDF easily
The other way around is not that easy...
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
Red face Suggestions for future Firmware

things i miss

- Browser Tabs
- ability to print a homepage to pdf or only copy paste the text to notes
- auto jump to links with the joystick (IR sensor) and clicking on them without stylus

does the Boox support USB host? some research gave me the answer that i.mx31 supports Usb host
I can load ehci-hcd modules but it does not recognize USB Sticks. Do I miss something or does it need more thing to work?
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
- auto jump to links with the joystick (IR sensor) and clicking on them without stylus
There is this option somewhere in the menu called something like "Show Hyperlinks".
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #30
Kal9871
Kal9871 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Do you, guys, have some additional suggestions?
Yes what I really would love to see is a shortcut to the dictionary tool when reading a book.

The current approach of clicking the main menu, selecting the dictionary tool and then clicking on a word has a few drawbacks:

a) it's rather slow.
b) you have to do a manual screen refresh or the text that underneath the main menu window will barely be visible when you select the word to look up.
c) if the word is at the bottom of the page, it'll be hidden by the dictionary window, and it can be selected easily.

When you read a book and you are in the default operation mode (ie. you have not selected a tool from the main menu) the stylus is only used to change pages.

So here's my suggestion: when you're in the default mode clicking on a word with the stylus and holding it in for 2-3 seconds should launch the dictionary tool and look up the word you selected. You could still change pages with the stylus by tapping the sides of the screen where there are no words.

I don't think this would be very hard to implement, and in my opinion it would really improve the dictionary experience.

Thanks for forwarding our suggestions Booxtor!
Kal9871 is offline   Reply With Quote