Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
meremark
meremark began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
PSRT1WC and Calibre

i have finally got sick of having the wife kidnap my much loved PSR 650 and had prepped someone to buy her one for Christmas, only to find Sony no longer selling it but has a new one, the PsrT1WC. I notice it is labelled "WiFi." Having loathed the Sony supplied software and been extraordinarily happy with Calibre, does anyone know if I will still be able to use Calibre to manage the new device?
The present buyers are keener on a Kindle. I'm not so sure, as our local library has epub books for free download. Does anyone know if you can use Calibre to reformat epub to a kindle can read them?

Last edited by meremark; 11-23-2011 at 12:04 AM.
meremark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
The latest version of Calibre fully supports the T1.

In regards to library download, you can import a library ePUB into Calibre but as they are DRM protected, you cannot convert them without appropriate deDRM tools. Google is your friend in that regard.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
The T1 has library borrowing integrated into the reader - simply connect to your library, find what you want, check it out, download directly to the device over wifi.

Couldn't be simpler or easier.

It's the primary reason I upgraded from my beloved PRS-505.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, kindle, psr 950, psrt1wc