Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Dixiemsala
Enthusiast
Dixiemsala began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 350, Kindle 2
Using Sony software (350) on two computers

Is there any problem with putting the Sony software (reader library) on a 2nd computer? With an eminent move (fingers crossed that house contract goes through), hubby and I will be apart for about a month. I've been using our laptop for my Sony but he will have it and I'll be stuck with the desk top for a while.

Also, although it doesn't pertain to Sony, I'd like to do the same things with Overdrive (which I use for library audio books).
Dixiemsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Nope. I have it installed on three. You will have to install Adobe Digital Editions to read your DRMed ePubs, but I think you are allowed to register up to 5 installations of ADE. Just remember to unregister ADE from a computer when you get rid of it.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
You will have to install Adobe Digital Editions to read your DRMed ePubs, but I think you are allowed to register up to 5 installations of ADE.
No, Sony Reader Library can read DRMed epubs fine and download library books as well. You don't need ADE.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Yes, there can be a minor problem.

Do not use the sync function in Sony Reader from two computers. Otherwise, things should work fine.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
No, Sony Reader Library can read DRMed epubs fine and download library books as well. You don't need ADE.
I stand corrected. You just have to input your ADE user/password before you can read the books with Sony Reader Library.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Dixiemsala
Enthusiast
Dixiemsala began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 350, Kindle 2
Thanks, all. I'll try that (if the house sells!).
Dixiemsala is offline   Reply With Quote