Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #106
sparcina
sparcina began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Do not use "en". For the Russian-English dictionary, use for exemple "r1".

Patch `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`: yes

Kobo_ereader.conf: ExtraLocales: r1

Name of dictionary: /.kobo/dict: dicthtml-r1.zip

BD: \.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite use -r1 suffix) and -r1 - Russian-English (name)
I tried adjusting the patch two times, once with 'en' beside 'ru', and the other time with just 'ru'. The only difference is that there are less extra dictionaries available when I click on a word to get a dictionary (the Russian-English dictionary is still 'not installed on my kobo', according to said kobo).
sparcina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #107
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcina View Post
(the Russian-English dictionary is still 'not installed on my kobo', according to said kobo).
Is it a "Russian" or "Russian - English" dictionary that's not installed?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #108
sparcina

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
Is it a "Russian" or "Russian - English" dictionary that's not installed?
Both. I can not access (x is not installed) a dictionary that hasn't already been on my kobo beforehand.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #109
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcina View Post
Both. I can not access (x is not installed) a dictionary that hasn't already been on my kobo beforehand.
But you can still see the addtional entries (Extra: ru - English) in the pull-down menu? And if you explicitly choose one of these you still get the error message?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #110
sparcina

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
But you can still see the addtional entries (Extra: ru - English) in the pull-down menu? And if you explicitly choose one of these you still get the error message?
Exactly.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #111
sparcina

Everything's now working! Seems like the dictionary link I've downloaded was simply not working. Now I only need to find a Russian-English dictionary that contains more than a few basic words. Thank you all for your help!!!
Old 04-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #112
AlexViean
AlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Sorry if this question has been asked but can we add titles under the reading books on home screen? After hiding the "recommendation" section, there is plenty of space now and the books with just the percentage numbers look weird lol
AlexViean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #113
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexViean View Post
Sorry if this question has been asked but can we add titles under the reading books on home screen? After hiding the "recommendation" section, there is plenty of space now and the books with just the percentage numbers look weird lol
I don't think the current patching system can make changes of this kind.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #114
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Thanks for that, and sorry I didn't notice your post earlier.

If your executable is added to the tools/ subirectory, is it enough just to add this clause to the 4.7.10413.sh script to make it work on the Chromebook?
Code:
case `uname -s` in
    Darwin)
	PATCH32LSB_BIN=tools/patch32lsb-Darwin
	;;
    Linux)
	case `uname -m` in
	    i?86)
		PATCH32LSB_BIN=tools/patch32lsb-i386-Linux
		;;
	    x86_64)
		PATCH32LSB_BIN=tools/patch32lsb-x86_64-Linux
		;;
	    armv7l)
		PATCH32LSB_BIN=tools/patch32lsb-ARM-linux
		;;
	esac
	;;
esac
Yes, I tried that and it works.
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #115
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I understand I can use this to patch the A1 LE firmware (4.7.10364). But if I try this I get a compile error at some point. Please advise.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:01 AM   #116
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
I understand I can use this to patch the A1 LE firmware (4.7.10364). But if I try this I get a compile error at some point. Please advise.
Since the 4.7.10364 was only available for the Aura One LE and I do not remember seeing a patch release for it, quite a few of the patches are likely not to work as the firmware they were modified for was 4.7.10413.

My process for when I try running an old patcher on a new release firmware is to run the patch script, record the errors, disable those patches and re-run the patch script until there are no errors.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #117
SaraOliveira
SaraOliveira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

Has there been any change applied to libadobe.so.patch?
SaraOliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #118
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraOliveira View Post
Has there been any change applied to libadobe.so.patch?
No progress on finding those missing patches sorry.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote