Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Keeps turning into code view

I'm reading an old book and trying to turn all the "chapter" into h2
But when I do a find for 'chapter' it turns the book view to code view.
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
As I understand it the find searches in the actual content in the file, not from how the text is presented. In other words, it always searches as if the file is as it is in "code view" (which is how the file actually is). And to show the result, therefore it must enter code view.

For example, say you to a find for <h1>. You probably don't have that in what the reader sees, but it's probably in the code showing the chapter title. And to be able to show you where it found it, it must enter code view.

There is a reason that most experienced Sigil users always use code view (+ preview) and not book view. (I'm slowly adjusting to that myself...)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by automa View Post
I'm reading an old book and trying to turn all the "chapter" into h2
But when I do a find for 'chapter' it turns the book view to code view.
FWIW I mostly use the Preview Pane for viewing, rather than Bookview
That said, I think S&R works on Code View only. When it lands, the Preview will sync
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
It used to not do that. It was better because there are description following the 'chapter i' chapter ii' etc that I need to place next to the 'chapter i', which then automatically become an h2 instead of an h7 that it was, so that I can see what the chapter is about when reading on my phone.

It doesn't automatically do that on the code view. I have to highlight it first and then do CMD 2 to change it into h2.

However looking at the code view, is there a way using the code view or the book view to change the font, font color, and highlight a part of the text with a color?
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It used to not do that. It was better because there are description following the 'chapter i' chapter ii' etc that I need to place next to the 'chapter i', which then automatically become an h2 instead of an h7 that it was, so that I can see what the chapter is about when reading on my phone.

It doesn't automatically do that on the code view. I have to highlight it first and then do CMD 2 to change it into h2.

However looking at the code view, is there a way using the code view or the book view to change the font, font color, and highlight a part of the text with a color?
Permanent?
Stylesheet and a saved search (for each combonation.
eg
Saved Clips (make appear on the toolbar)
Code:
<span class="yelBG">\1</span>
The Stylesheet entry:
Code:
span.yelBG (background-color: yellow}
This style Save Clip applies to the selected text. the secret is th \1
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
It used to not do that.
The current behavior has been in place for many, many, many, many versions.

And it's only "All HTML Files" or "Selected Files" that will automatically switch to Code View. You can still use "Current File" to search Book View.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-01-2017 at 03:28 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You can still use "Current File" to search Book View.
Never knew that! Not that I ever use BV, it was years before I even knew BV and PV weren't different names for the same thing.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #8
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The current behavior has been in place for many, many, many, many versions.

And it's only "All HTML Files" or "Selected Files" that will automatically switch to Code View. You can still use "Current File" to search Book View.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Never knew that! Not that I ever use BV, it was years before I even knew BV and PV weren't different names for the same thing.

BR
New to me, too. But IMO, it's easier to just do the search, which of course comes back in Code View, and if I must see the Book View (like most everybody else who has expressed their opinion, I usually keep Code View open in the middle and Preview on the right), just double-click the tab at the top. Nice feature, that little toggle, for a lazy man like myself.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:04 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

The one time I (try to) use BV, is when I get a Pink Box error in CV or when I save and it complains. I switch to BV and start switching (open)Tabs until I hit the problem file.

I select Fix Manually, and it takes ne to where the error was discovered (usually a missing Close tag, or I removed the Open tag )
Old 04-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The one time I (try to) use BV, is when I get a Pink Box error in CV or when I save and it complains. I switch to BV and start switching (open)Tabs until I hit the problem file.

I select Fix Manually, and it takes ne to where the error was discovered (usually a missing Close tag, or I removed the Open tag )
The F7 check will quickly identify which file, as well. Handy for when a find/replace or plugin result has gone pear-shaped, but you're not sure which file is the problem.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Tnx I will try that the next Pear