Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
soup
soup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
how to make larger fonts

I've been using the heading options to make larger fonts for my conversions, it looks good and comes up nicely.

however it's playing havoc with my TOC.

I've tried to use the TOC editor to change how the TOC comes up in my kobo but it doesn't make a difference, atleast, not fully (if at all)

so, how do I get my pretty larger fonts for titles and such that I don't want in the TOC?
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
I've been using the heading options to make larger fonts for my conversions, it looks good and comes up nicely.

however it's playing havoc with my TOC.

I've tried to use the TOC editor to change how the TOC comes up in my kobo but it doesn't make a difference, atleast, not fully (if at all)

so, how do I get my pretty larger fonts for titles and such that I don't want in the TOC?
The proper way is to use headings as they were intended and modify the stylesheet to set other font properties as needed.

Begin with a normal EPUB that has not had base text changed.
Switch to code view (CV) on a normal chapter page.
Note the style(s) that is named for Body and a normal paragraph (opening paragraphs may have a unique style.)

Open the "stylesheet" (in book browser)

1) find the named style used in body (if used)
Look for font-size: (remember the value so you can put it back)
try a value like 1.25em for a 5", 600x800 display (zoom 2 or 3)

2) find the named style used by <p class=...
set the font-size here

Once you have a pleasing basic text on your Kobo, you can adjust other font sizes (including custom styles for H tags).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert